Sign in to follow this  
1Archer

Muley Down!

Thanks to some good friends and a supportive wife I put my tag on a nice buck today. My friends Sonny, Josh and I have been out every weekend since the first chasing rutting mulies. We've had several close calls while spot and stalk hunting but couldn't quite close the deal. We noticed the deer had been going to water pretty regular. Now I've hunted coues over water for a long time but I've never tried hunting mulies over water. Sonny suggested we should put a blind up at the water. So I figured what the hey, lets try it. So I made plans to set up the blind with every intention of letting Sonny sit it (this is his first archery hunt) while I continued to spot and stalk. Just before the weekend Sonny found out that he was on call and wouldn't be able to hunt. Sonny insisted I go ahead and set the blind up anyway and sit in it to see what came in. Saturday I had 25 does and 1 button buck come in but none of the bigger bucks. I figured just my luck the rut is winding down. I was thinking about skipping Sunday and coming back Monday but Josh told me I should go sit, that he had a good feeling, and my wife insisted I went out also. So I did and this stud buck came walking in behind 15 does. A 25 yard shot a little far back thanks to my string hitting my jacket I hate it when that happens, but the grim reaper still did its job. He went about 60 yards and piled up. Thanks Sonny and Josh I owe you guys!! Please ignore the camera dates. I was using a borrowed camera since mine fell off my pack in the desert somewhere and I didn't know how to set the date in it. Thanks for reading I hope I didn't bore ya. Good luck hunting!!

post-3207-1295239741_thumb.jpg

post-3207-1295239697_thumb.jpg

post-3207-1295239764_thumb.jpg

Great buck!!!! I too have been chasin bucks, and blowing stocks, but having a blast....

Love the eye guards (g1s) have not seen a mules in the desert with what, 3-4 inch G1????

Great buck//

Whitey

Beautifull Buck , Great color on the horns. Congrats...BOB!