tbrooks81

Spot and Stalk Coues

It was the last day I was able to hunt the AZ desert and the ghost that live here before the big move to CO. We spotted deer at about a mile and a half out and I jokingly say 'its a buck till we prove otherwise.' Wasn't 30 seconds later the sun lit up horns, we put the spotting scope on him and started to setup a stalk. 1 hour and 15 minutes later I'm 300 yds below the last place the guys saw him. After sneaking up the hillside I'm on the edge of a bench and catch movement under a cedar. Its a different buck trailing up the hot doe that had just gone through with the other buck, but he's headed right at me. After a few minutes he clears another tree and I settle in on him. He jumped the string and turned to run but at 20 yds he only got half way there. I hit him dead center in the spine through the throat and it was over as soon as it started. Right place, right time and I am stoked!

post-4108-1295370597_thumb.jpg

post-4108-1295370004_thumb.jpg

post-4108-1295370159_thumb.jpg

It's always satisfying taking one of those critters with a bow. Dude, & you never told me you were moving to CO??? When?

Congratulations on your first coues buck and I hope you get another chance to hunt them some day. Good luck with your move north. :)

TJ

I've said it a bunch, but congrats again bro!! So happy you were able to check that one off your AZ Hunting "Bucket List" before you left for the Centennial State.

What a great weekend it was with some great friends. It was awesome to watch all this take place thru the glasses. I remember thinking to myself, "This deer just is about to make a fatal mistake..." Felt like you were at full draw forever, we saw the release looked up and the deer was no where to be found. We were expecting to be looking for movement, but he went NOWHERE. Had to take a second away from the glasses, to gather my focus. When I got back into my Vortex Viper's he was laying there taking a dirt nap. Coolest thing I've seen thru my bino's...EVER.