Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

suggestion to azgfd

Just a general comment....

As it is now, NO changes can be made to any of this because Gov. Brewer has extended the moratorium on any proposed rule changes by ANY state agency unless it is something that involves health or safety. This has been in effect for a few years now. So even if G&F wanted to change the way tags are dispensed, its hands are tied until the moratorium is rescinded.

G & F has access to make some rule changes that are now open with moratorium being open for a few changes. This would be a good time to send e-mails to them and express your concerns regaurding this issue.

dont quote me on this as i wasnt even of born or of hunting age yet but for some of the more experienced guys on here. didnt they used two allow you if you shot a mule deer on your drawn tag be able two go and buy a left over whitetail tag for down south? now im talking 70's 80's 90's some time in there. i seem two remember my grandpa talking about it.

Yes you are right but it didn't just apply to muleys and down soth whitetail tags. One year I shot two coues a week apart off Mt. Ore. and another year bought an over the counter and took my second coues down off the Arivaca Road in unit 36A. If any left over tags where not taken within a certain time frame you could purchace another tag even if you already shot a deer. :)

TJ

dont quote me on this as i wasnt even of born or of hunting age yet but for some of the more experienced guys on here. didnt they used two allow you if you shot a mule deer on your drawn tag be able two go and buy a left over whitetail tag for down south? now im talking 70's 80's 90's some time in there. i seem two remember my grandpa talking about it.

Yes you are right but it didn't just apply to muleys and down soth whitetail tags. One year I shot two coues a week apart off Mt. Ore. and another year bought an over the counter and took my second coues down off the Arivaca Road in unit 36A. If any left over tags where not taken within a certain time frame you could purchace another tag even if you already shot a deer. :) TJ

I like the idea of being able to buy 2nd tags even if you have already killed. If there are left over tags still available the day the season opens or the day before or something like that, why not make them available to hunters who have already hunted in a different season? I asked AGFD that very question at a meeting, but didn't really get an answer. Hopefully AGFD personnel will come comment on why that is or is not a feasible solution.