BowNut

2011 AZ Buffalo

Guest 300ultramag.

way to go. ...FMJs are aweseome!!! great shot, great stalk, and great recovery.. really... spectacular job..

wheres the video?

archery bison...inherently has a videographer in tow! wheres the video :P

I used a Hoyt Katera XL, 68 lbs, 340 Full Metal Jacket and a 100 grain Magnus Stinger Buzzcut. Arrow weighed 459 grains total and was 273 fps out the bow. Happy with the set up the arrows were flying very well after a little help from Robert at Broken Arrow Archery. He bent over backwards to make sure my set up was right on!

Great Job,Pretty neat to stalk him on the ground,and kill him with your bow!!!!

Carl, you did a gret job on your Buffalo shot this January 15 2011. Sure glad you changed to the recommended 2 blade broadhead as the "flipper outers"are just skechy on an animal that size. Dick did a good job of map guidance and circling the spot for ya on the map. That machine of yours is incredible in getting us to where we needed to be to chase those beasts around. It was my 15th buffalo to have guided or been with the hunter when shot and I knew when I seen yours that it was just over my son Russ Richardsons score of 118 which at that time was number 2. The video came out great that I took of you across the "draw" and will be released soon on THE ULTIMATE ARCHER.COM . I wanted to say your welcome as my best friend and wife are carrying a tag right now and would loved to have been there with us but as the old saying goes "those that go are those that gets". Also it has been really cool to have received all of the help you have provided since your kill with my other hunters since your hunt was a one day trip just like Dicks . It truly is addicting and as much challenge and fun as a bowhunt can get!!!

PS. My wife and Phil have said that theres had better be bigger so as to make my life easier (Tall order to fill)

CORKY RICHARDSON

This was truly a once in a lifetime experience and I owe many thanks to Dick Tone and Corky Richardson for the help they gave me on this hunt and yes Corky, you are right on how addicting it is. I'm sure we will be helping you for many years to come, but I am going to limit your personal operating time on the equipment, to be under direct supervision of others. This will keep the break downs to a bare minimum. LOL

No, in all honesty, I am very blessed to be able to participate in a hunt such as this and even more blessed to have the friends I have, that would help the way they did. The whole experience of this hunt will be with me forever, as there were many days of failure to get to that one day of success.

Thanks to all and good huntin'

Carl