Sign in to follow this  
c-ne-elk

Tripod Head

What have you found to be the best brand of tripod head to use with binoculars? I have tried the pistol grip and found that to not be of my liking, a fluid type pan head is what I am looking for that is light weight and as small as possible but works well.

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your input!

another vote for jims head, I love mine.

The Jim White heads are very well made and work well for many. I can't use one very well. The outdoorsmans pan heads are very nice too. I have several 700RC2s and have used a lot of different kinds of heads. I probably wont ever buy another head other than 700rc2 as long as they are making them. I think they are by far the best for the money. The handles are a little long, but can be cut off. The long handles do come in very handy when runnin video.

+1

Love using the Jim White head. It's small, lightweight and very sturdy. No problems using it with my 15s or a spotting scope.

The bogen 700rc2s are nice as well, but much larger and heavier. If you plan to do a lot of video, this head is probably best for that.

+1

Love using the Jim White head. It's small, lightweight and very sturdy. No problems using it with my 15s or a spotting scope.

The bogen 700rc2s are nice as well, but much larger and heavier. If you plan to do a lot of video, this head is probably best for that.

+1 for Jim's tripod head. I have 2 and thinking about a 3rd.