Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

129 and 131 Mexico bucks

Or if you put your tag on the picked-up head then you can bring it back.

Ernesto C

I don't think that is legal either. Maybe if it was fresh and would pass for a recently killed animal during the season then I can see that working but not on a bleached out rack. I've got a 144" pick-up down there that I'd LOVE to bring back but I haven't found a legal way to do it yet. JIM>

Those are some awesome bucks!!

Is there any particular reason why you can't bring back sheds or pick up heads??

Great Coues! Here is a couple we have taken on our ranches in Sonora to share with other Coues fanatics, Giant is 163" net 122",128" 116". The 163 buck is #2 in the world and may have been #1 if not broken off on two tines?? Hope you enjoy

post-5321-0-75892800-1298958027_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-17394000-1298958046_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-84786800-1298958149_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-14896300-1298958319_thumb.jpg

Ernesto C

I don't think that is legal either. Maybe if it was fresh and would pass for a recently killed animal during the season then I can see that working but not on a bleached out rack. I've got a 144" pick-up down there that I'd LOVE to bring back but I haven't found a legal way to do it yet. JIM>

I've seen this done before Jim. Bleached white, around 11 months old. No problems.

Ernesto C

I've seen this done before Jim. Bleached white, around 11 months old. No problems.

This is why is VERY IMPORTANT we (you) do our home work before going to Mexico. I will try to give you advice and help you out but do not take my word for it. It is very important that when you get info about mexico get name(s) date, time, how why and when.

According (sp) to USFWS the only 2 ways to bring back antlers to the U.S. is if you get the (I forgot at the moment how is called) import/export permit or by puting you deer tag (cintillo) on the antlers.

Like I said...dont take my word for it...........Ernesto C

Thanks Ernesto and Kevin!

You are exactly right Ernesto about getting names, dates, time, how, when and why!

I've had multiple folks, some are law enforcement/USFWS and some are well seasoned veterans of border crossing, and everyone seems to have different ideas or interpretations of the law!

I think it sucks that I can't get the same answer out of everyone regarding a solid way to legally import my skull, especially from the USFWS folks!!!

Some say NO, some say as long as it's tagged, some say i need to have it mounted in MX, and others just don't know!

I'm just gonna leave it in MX until I find a guaranteed legal way to import it!

Nice racks...just put that rack in a sack n toss emm over the fence, have your cousin grab it.. it's what they do with everything else.