Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Roosevelt is hoppin

Fished Roosevelt on Saturday and landed over 40 bass. We fished mid-lake 2'-15'deep. Six of them were over 2 pounds most were in the pound to pound and a half range. Jerkbaits, spinnerbaits and Sencos.

Thanks for the report. After a little turkey scouting I might get a day or two in. :)

TJ

Man, now you have me second-guessing. We're headed down Wednesday for 5 days on the lake, but have been torn between Roosevelt and San Carlos. I really want the boys to get on a good crappie bite, and when it's hot on San Carlos, it's really hot, and this weekend should be the time they hit the banks. Water is getting into the mid-to-high 60s. But with a bass-bite like that, maybe Roosevelt is the place to be. Any way you slice it, we're gonna have pictures of some crappie, bass, cats, and some arrowed carp just to keep it fun.

Thanks for the late update!

We'll get on the lake Justin. TJ the birds were talking a little today.

We'll get on the lake Justin. TJ the birds were talking a little today.

Thanks, I thought they might get started here soon. Might make it up Thursday and put some to bed. Got to be home by Friday evening to head for Rosy with the wife and dogs. :)

TJ

Wow sounds like alot of fun. I remeber getting into a spinnerbait bite a few yaers ago and just killed em. I will be there on Saturday! Thanks for the report.

Have been at Roosevelt all day and the bite is awesome. Drop shot robo worms. Or throw sinkos weightless. The bass are active and moving up into the shallow water. Will be here the rest of the week with spring break. I will update every evening if your looking for a report.

We are fishing the tonto end. The evening bite is better. Caught over 25 this evening on sinkos. This is the time to take those kids fishing so they will enjoy it. Same color as before. Throw sinkos I'm the brush in about 5 ft water and hold on ...