Santana Outdoors

New Hunting Gear for 2011

What hunting gear are you wanting to add this year?

I want to add,

1) Sold my PSE X-Force SS so I want to try a Matthews Z7

2) Some nice backpack-able lightweight clothing, either Sitka Stormfront or something like it? Do you have any recommendations i hate to spend that kind of money.

What are you hoping to get this year?

Already added a new pack. Badlands 4500 for overnighters, got some new boots in december meindle perfekt hunters, also picked up a new vortex scope. Still need to get some new rings.

A new bow is next, and a new blind.

i already started also. I got a rem. 700 in 300rum with a vortex 6.5-20x44 scope. I also just ordered my bear carnage in shadow black. Next i need a new spotting scope and a eberlestock just one pack.

jake

Last year was a biggie for me:

.243 for the girlfriend

Kowa 8's for my neck

Zeiss 85 spotter

This year I bought a camp chef camp oven/stove camp-chef.jpg

New rifle probably in .270 leaning towards the rem 700 bdl. any other suggestions.

I would try to find a 700 that was built a few years back because the new ones coming out of the factory now SUCK.

What hunting gear are you wanting to add this year?

I want to add,

1) Sold my PSE X-Force SS so I want to try a Matthews Z7

2) Some nice backpack-able lightweight clothing, either Sitka Stormfront or something like it? Do you have any recommendations i hate to spend that kind of money.

What are you hoping to get this year?

I can't imagine what it would be I need. I've got so much that I don't use now and my wish list is always got something new that I really don't need. I guess it would be a few more trail cameras if I had to answer the question. Oh yea, I would like to have a new side x side in any make or model. :D

I just ordered up something that I have wanted for a long time... a wall tent from Davis Tent in CO. Should be here tomorrow.

Now that is something I'd like to have. :)

I will answer this using last year and this year:

Last year I bought a tent stove I used on the Kaibab hunt, a used Swaro spotter (didnt use) and some other tent related stuff to make the Kaibab hunt more enjoyable.

This year I am looking into a zeiss scope for a long range gun...500yard...I want turretts with yardage.....Looked into the sitka clothes, but cant see spending that kind of money. Even Russel has very pricey clothes. Unless you are backpacking way in, i still cant justify that kind of money.......Allen........