Guest couesgetter

Best Game Camera

Guest couesgetter

I'm looking in to buying a Tree Camera. Does anybody have advice on which one has the best quality, because I really have no knowledge about them.

Couesgetter

A very important detail is battery life and your choice of flash or infrared. My hunting partner and I went halvies on 4 cuddeback digitals. These things are sweet!! Trigger speed is excellent no missed pics. Battery life is up to 3 or 4 mo.s depending weather and settings. Mine are flash and as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to bother the critters at all. I can put a large mem card in and get up to 1000 or more pics. If your setting up where cattle may be this can come into play. They can kill weak batteries and waste film if you get a 35 mm. I owned two other cameras I think they were game view or game cam. Weak not worth the money a lot of blanks and no night pics (to dark to make out the pic). Whatever you buy set up is very improtant make sure that beam is aiming correctly before you leave it. If you want send a personal message w/ your e-mail and I send you some pics from the cuddeback. Also the cuddeback has an ok locking setup for theft. But honestly its only to keep the honest people from changing their mind. Ebay has a lot of cam to check out, I saved about 100 apiece versus cabelas.

Guest couesgetter

Ok i'l send you a message. Thanks for the help. I'm trying to get ready for next years archery hunt in august. I know it's a long ways away but it comes faster every year.

I have been using the Moutrie Digital. You can purchase it at Walmart for $98.00.

Is it any good? What are some specifics about it? I found one on a trail south of payson last week, it was snappin' pics of me while I was posing for the photo shoot! It was a Moultrie but I didn't notice any other model # or if it was even digital? I did notice it was only attached to the tree by two small bungee cords. Whosever it was, sorry for burnin' film or memory, it was fun though and my client got a kick out of it! :D :D

I have had 4 different models of trail cameras. I've had the $50 stealth 35mm, $90 moultrie 35mm, walmart moultrie digital, and by far my favorite, 4.1 megapixel sony p-41 digital.

The stealths and moultrie 35mm work great for the money. They get expensive though because they require too many batteries and you have to purchase new film every time.

The Walmart moultrie digital I purchased has not been working correctly but I think I just got a bad apple. I heard good things from others regarding this camera.

I use 512 memory cards so I can get around 1000 pictures. I also have a video option where I can get 10 second video clips which is kind of fun. It is nice being able to zoom in on my computer without loosing much picture quality.

I have tried the Moultrie Digital, but haven't been impressed. It seems to not trigger all the time. Sometimes I go to check the camera and it won't go off with me in front of it moving around. But at other times I have gotten pics of rabbits far from the camera as if it is sensitive to motion. I just can't figure it out.

And it has trouble with memory cards. I recently had one record 10 events but no pictures. Don't know why. And the next day I had 6 events and 6 pictures but they weren't viewable on the card for some reason. So I changed out the memory card.

I like the moultrie because it's easy and cheap and digital. But performance seems inconsistent.

Amanda

I have tried the Moultrie Digital, but haven't been impressed.  It seems to not trigger all the time.  Sometimes I go to check the camera and it won't go off with me in front of it moving around.  But at other times I have gotten pics of rabbits far from the camera as if it is sensitive to motion.  I just can't figure it out. 

And it has trouble with memory cards.  I recently had one record 10 events but no pictures.  Don't know why.  And the next day I had 6 events and 6 pictures but they weren't viewable on the card for some reason.  So I changed out the memory card. 

I like the moultrie because it's easy and cheap and digital.  But performance seems inconsistent. 

Amanda

That is exactly the same kind of problems I've been having with mine. I will be taking mine back to walmart and getting a couple of stealth cams instead I think.

I have a camera that coues7 (scott) built for me...I love it. It works better than promised and he did some modifications for me that made it much more user friendly..... it was more expensive and I sure hope it never gets stolen but I have no regrets at this time.

mark

I"ve been using the Non-Typical Deer Cam for two years now. I have had great success with it. Easy to use and great pics. Sure, batteries every three weeks and a roll of film plus developing. I am waiting for digital cams to come down in price before I switch. Maybe next year.

We've got 4 cuddeback 1.3 megapixel cameras and they are great. They have 3 mounth battery life and record on a compact flash card. They will also record video clips. The cards will hold over 1000 images so you can leave them in the field for awhile. The only drawback is the price. The new models are 3.o megapixels but are around 350 to 400$. Good luck with the cameras they are a blast. Get real excited every time we go check them.

V-Dog

I have the Leaf River 2.1 Digital. I have had it for 18 months and it is great. The only negative is the trigger time. It takes a few seconds to fire so it is best over water or where it covers a long section of trail.

I use the Non-Typical deer cam. They were $279.00 now Only $99.00 probably the best camera you can get for the price and they work excellent.