Sign in to follow this  
Traveler

Fire Near Superior AZ

Just heard from a buddy that the road was closed and fire coming from Picket Post headed across the road. They were turning traffic around

Heads up to anyone heading through there. Could not find any info on ADOT or AZ511

Boyce thompson arboretum, where my husband works was evacuated and the fire is threatening to burn it. I hope they get it out soon, but this wind is crazy!!

Let's hope they get all the fires under control. I wish they would close all the forest fire restrictions as of now. Way to much to lose just to let a few campers have a fire. I love a camp fire but I love my national forest even better. :)

TJ

100% postive that the portal/horseshoe fire was caused by illegals - BP had chased/followed several into the area of horse shoe late yesterday - they found several tracks at the starting point of this blaze - some locals that live along the NF border are being asked to evacuate-

lots of huge tracts of old white oaks are fire fuel right now!

it=s moved past horseshoe over the MTNS and is now moving into the sulfur springs area

high winds have not helped firefighters accross the state today!

illegals have been responsable for millions of $$$$ of damage accross our state and all the government officials can say is that they cant prove it!

It's funny...we watched the local news and tried finding some info on azcentral and other az sites and weren't able to. Then I checked the forum and there was more info here than anywhere :)

It's funny...we watched the local news and tried finding some info on azcentral and other az sites and weren't able to. Then I checked the forum and there was more info here than anywhere :)

That doesn't surprise me. :)

TJ

tried finding some info on azcentral and other az sites and weren't able to.

Yep, seems the paper rags are more a source of opinions and leftist editorials and less for complete information/news.

There is also a new fire in Horseshoe/Jack Wood canyons in the Chiricauhas. Report I read said BP was tracking illegals and the footprints led to the origin of the fire. Fire is heading over to Sulfur Spings and all those nice oaks and ranches.

http://inciweb.org/incident/2225/

tried finding some info on azcentral and other az sites and weren't able to.

Yep, seems the paper rags are more a source of opinions and leftist editorials and less for complete information/news.

There is also a new fire in Horseshoe/Jack Wood canyons in the Chiricauhas. Report I read said BP was tracking illegals and the footprints led to the origin of the fire. Fire is heading over to Sulfur Spings and all those nice oaks and ranches.

http://inciweb.org/incident/2225/

yes, and that fire has shut down my work in the Chiricahuas for owl surveys. The biologists I spoke with said portal and the other areas on the east side were evacuated. They expect it to burn for several weeks or months....which really hurts my business.

a fire started by illegals - over 2000 + forest burned - homes and lives endangered - people evacuated - nothing on the news - what does it take !

Ok news channel 13 in NEW MEXICO is all over this news - lol