Sign in to follow this  
AZ RANGER

New Bow

I have been shooting my Matthews SQ2 for a long time and It has been a great bow, but I decided this year I would upgrade. I spent the last couple of months doing a lot of reseach on what would be the best fit for me, and it was not easy.There are a lot of great bows that have come out since I was last bow shopping. Everytime I would start to lean towards one I would get excited about another. I ended up with a 2011 PSE Evo dreamseason. I was not even considering PSE at first but it kept hearing about so I went and shot it. It really seems like a great shooting bow and it is smoking fast compared to what I had. The draw is very smooth for a dual cam speed bow too. Anyone other CWT members shooting the evo?

Here is a quick cell phone pic

EVO.jpg

I am still shooting the omen but those EVO's are sweet bows. Good luck and welcome to the PSE team!!!

I bought this same bow about a month ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it since i brought it home from PSE. Here is a pic of my setup. I tried to go with my old QAD drop-away but just couldn't get the clearance i needed so i just went to the ever reliable whisker biscuit!

post-962-0-81451000-1305686448_thumb.jpg

I bought this same bow about a month ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it since i brought it home from PSE. Here is a pic of my setup. I tried to go with my old QAD drop-away but just couldn't get the clearance i needed so i just went to the ever reliable whisker biscuit!

post-962-0-81451000-1305686448_thumb.jpg

Wow, that has to be hard having a new bow for a whole month and not shooting it. I would go crazy. I got mine yesterday and I lost my release after the first hour of shooting.I went crazy looking for so I could shoot again. I am shooting the whisker biscuit too, great hunting rest.

Awesome! I am jealous....I have been looking at that bow!

Great bow!!! It is one of two I have narrowed it down to for my next. You will love it>

Whitey

Lionhunter what is the other bow your considering? Just wondering if it was one of the ones I looked at.

Well I finally got the QAD Ultra-Rest put on and all is set up and have even shot the bow quite a bit but now i have a dilemma. As i have been told, if you sight this bow in an inch high at 10 yards you will be 2 inches low at 40, what do i do with the other 6 pins? I am contemplating going to a single pin sight, any shooters out there using them?

Have you shot this bow enough to confirm the truth in that statement? If so, I want one.

I have a 80# X-Force Dream Season at 29in and i can have one pin out to 40 yards. i shoot Maxima hunters.....its a great bow...there is about a 5 inch difference from 20 to 40. great line of bows.

Well I finally got the QAD Ultra-Rest put on and all is set up and have even shot the bow quite a bit but now i have a dilemma. As i have been told, if you sight this bow in an inch high at 10 yards you will be 2 inches low at 40, what do i do with the other 6 pins? I am contemplating going to a single pin sight, any shooters out there using them?

Well I finally got a chance to go out and sight the new bow in and all I can say is WOW! I zeroed the 20 yard pin and found minimal difference from 20 to 30 yards so the first pin is 0-30,keep in mind I have a Spott Hogg SDP and have not adjusted the pins at all. I moved to the 2nd pin and tried 40 yards, dead on, 3rd pin at 50 also dead on, 60 was the same, 70 ditto, and even 80 was dead on! I am so impressed with this set-up it is unreal. Way to go PSE!

@azranger... The other bow I looked at (and ended up getting) is the Bowtech Invasion. I already have an 07 pse xforce that I love.... The Invasion is just as fast and quieter, smoother, and more "tuneable". The evo is a great rig, just too similar to my xforce.

I went with the axe 6 instead of the evo the draw cycle was much smoother and it weighs less than the evo ibo is the same on both bows

I'm really enjoying the XF EVO, It's not as fast as my Omen, but It draws and shoots very smooth and I find it very forgiving. I used this bow last month to shoot a bear. Attached is a photo of the exit damage done to the bears leg bone. The bow set at 71# with the help of a 384 gr arrow and a G5 Striker produced enough energy to do some serious damage. Great bow and a great bow company!!!

post-2299-0-73054400-1310501042_thumb.jpg

I picked up a 60 pound Evo 3 weeks ago. It's the first 60 pounder that I have ever bought, but with the speed it spit's out and considering the amount of ground blind hunting that I do, it seemed to fill the bill for me.

My Evo is set at 29 1/2" draw 60 pounds and consistantly chronos at 303 FPS with a 370 grain 55/75 GT .

I had a small tuning problem at first with a "low left" tear through paper. After tuning the yoke and a couple of twists in the control control cable , it's shooting bullet holes and has great arrow flight at all ranges.

I have the QAD Ultra rest HD and a Spott Hogg SDP sight on it . First pin is set at 30 yards and is good from 0 to 38 yards on an eight inch paper plate. The other six pins are set 40 to 90 yards . Where the wire crosses the bubble is hitting at 115 yards.

We chronographed my EVO down at the shop against the Bowtech 340 and the Invasion. The Evo was 10 FPS faster than the Bowtechs with the same setup and arrows. I did like the grip a little better on the Invasion but the Evo's draw cycle suits me better.

So far I am very happy with the Evo and have delegated the Bowmadness to Backup status.

Notches on My Evo is 2 cottontails and 3 ground squirrels so far ! CA coastal archery deer opened last weekend so hopefully some some serious first blood will come soon ! B)