not that I believe these numbers are statistically accurate but I am wondering if anyone else is surprised by the 71% hunt success rate in 24B for the Dec hunt? sorry if this is your favorite unit, I am really not trying to draw attention to it.

Those numbers are crazy! No one should believe that. I heard all the bucks leave 24B after the opening hunt and there are none left in there come the december hunt. ;)

Thats Wrong!! There are no deer in 24B!! :rolleyes:

I used to spend a lot of time in that unit and I think it's got more country than most people think. I don't think 30 bucks for 40 tags is all that unrealistic for a December hunt, but I think more than likley you are seeing one of the faults of AZ G&F's "non-manditory" reporting system. If only 4 people returned their survey cards and three said they killed deer then they say there was a 75% success for the unit even though they only got 10% response on the survey. Pretty much a joke if you ask me!!!

no way for AZGFD to make accurate predictions on the hunt success so they have to make a rough estimation from the hunters who did submit the survey...

I found out through my 4 years of college that people who were successful are more likely to submit the survey than those who werent, interesting stuff.

no way for AZGFD to make accurate predictions on the hunt success so they have to make a rough estimation from the hunters who did submit the survey...

I found out through my 4 years of college that people who were successful are more likely to submit the survey than those who werent, interesting stuff.

there are some great maps of the superstition wilderness on the superstition search and rescue web site if any 1 is interested.

http://superstition-sar.org/maps.htm