Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Unit 27 Wallow Fire

Much of Unit 27 is burning by the Wallow fire near Alpine and Hannegans Meadow. This is heartbreaking for the many great folks that live near there. My thoughts are with those who have been or will be evacuated. It's such a beautiful area up there. My dad and I love hunting in 27 for turkeys and have hunted there for years. I killed my first big Tom in there this past April. Sad to see that my favorite turkey spots are no more. I hope in the long run the forest will grow back stronger and will be just as beautiful.

Thoughts & Prayers,

G. Pile

as soon as the forrest opens i plan on making a trip to get a better look. I have got to know 27 really good over the past 4 years and it sucks thats all the areas i have come to know are burned up.

With exception of houses, property and the tall pines being burned, I think it will all be for the better despite it being hard to see right now. It seems most areas comeback better than they where before the fire. Just gotta give it a few years to get rain and some grass and shrubs growing again. Animal wise, things will be good again.