Sign in to follow this  
AZwest16

Rages

I've just recently made the change to Rage broadheads and am really excited about seeing how they stack up to the Muzzy's I used to shoot. The only difference obivously is the from fixed to mechanical aspect of them. I also own a Double Bull matrix and have shot through the side netting several times with the Muzzy's being successful. Just wondering if anyone who shoot's Rages has tried shooting through the side nets of there ground blinds and if so did they have any problems with the blades opening or not. Thanks for your reply's

Regan

I tried shooting the rage through the mesh on my double bull and was not happy with the results the blade came open and i completely missed my target. As far as openning in flight you might want to put a rubber band(the kind for braces) around them cause i have had one open when i shot at a pig and it made my arrow fly crazy but still hit the pig (not where i was aiming at all)luckily my friend saw it run off and he finished it with his pistol before it got to far.

I did the same, shot muzzt for 10 plus years, they are great. The rage are great on small big game up to Coues, mule deer. I have had great results with them this last year all 5 critters going less then 40 yards with great blood to follow. I would still use the muzzy on elk and above, or hogs in Texas.

I would not shoot a rage through mesh :(

I got a few packs of the rage crossbow heads to try this year out of my regular bow. The notch on the blade that holds it in is quite a bit deeper, so they deploy a lot harder. No way of them prematurely opening, excited about using trying them out. BEN

To be honest with everyone! They r the number broadhead that wounds the most deer. The reason i know this is cause i have seen the results. I have guided now for 6yrs and chased more wounded coues deer from hunters who shoot rage. Im just sayin!!!

+++1 If you are looking for a Mechanical head that will shoot through mesh AND will kill Elk size animals and BIGGER you need to try the Swhacker, it was designed specifically for Elk. You can't go wrong with Swhacker. Go to www.sonoranbowhunting.com and see for your self. Here is only three of the many!

post-5396-0-24878100-1310874470_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-25027400-1310874485_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-96316200-1310874478_thumb.jpg

To be honest with everyone! They r the number broadhead that wounds the most deer. The reason i know this is cause i have seen the results. I have guided now for 6yrs and chased more wounded coues deer from hunters who shoot rage. Im just sayin!!!

i started shooting the rage when i got the new x force omen and i couldnt get a fixed blade to fly, so i have shot a deer elk bobcat and jackrabbit with the rage my elk was more quartered to me than i thought and i only got 1 lung so it ran about 400 yards the bobcat went about 30 yards and looked like it was shot with a gun the jackrabbit died right where i hit him.

I tried shooting the rage through the mesh on my double bull and was not happy with the results the blade came open and i completely missed my target. As far as openning in flight you might want to put a rubber band(the kind for braces) around them cause i have had one open when i shot at a pig and it made my arrow fly crazy but still hit the pig (not where i was aiming at all)luckily my friend saw it run off and he finished it with his pistol before it got to far.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Probably the HAM hunt.

Probably the HAM hunt.

I hoped so. But that wasn't why I "blinked"... Either way, glad the pig was "finished off".. :) :)

Probably the HAM hunt.

I hoped so. But that wasn't why I "blinked"... Either way, glad the pig was "finished off".. :) :)

Hopefully the friend had a tag.

I shoot the rages, they fly great. I wouldnt shoot through mesh though but thats with any mech.

I don't want to start anything but you CAN shoot the Swhacker through the mesh in blinds, as I have without blade deployment and a perfect shot. If you insist on shooting the rage I would try using shrink tubing to hold the blades in place. Before you hunt I would test my theory, the tubing might be to strong and not let the blades deploy.

Probably the HAM hunt.

Hopefully the friend had a tag.

I shoot the rages, they fly great. I wouldnt shoot through mesh though but thats with any mech.

good to hear about the shwackers. just bought a new bow and decided to go with them because i have had problem with the rages. BUT my wife shoots the rages awesome and killed her buck last year with one.

You can also shoot the NAP blood runners through mesh without any issues.....just another choice for guys wanting to shoot mechanicals.

I hoped so. But that wasn't why I "blinked"... Either way, glad the pig was "finished off"..
It was the HAM hunt and I am sure his friend had a tag he is a roofer but smart enough to stay on the right side of the law :lol: