Sign in to follow this  
azstroops

wondering if these patches are typical

I had a few trail cam pics with 3 bucks running together and all look pretty ragged. They all have these bald, sore spots. I've never seen them look like this before but i'm pretty new to coues, so I was wondering if this is typical or what. I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

post-5572-0-58742000-1310528203_thumb.jpg

I had a few trail cam pics with 3 bucks running together and all look pretty ragged. They all have these bald, sore spots. I've never seen them look like this before but i'm pretty new to coues, so I was wondering if this is typical or what. I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Just trying to stay cool!

my first thought was mange too, but then it appears that he bald spots are only on his face and neck. almost looks like some sort of injury or burn.

I have seen that before in coues deer up in the catalinas this time of year. I was never sure if it was part of the regular shedding process or an infection with some mites or something that caused them to scratch the hair off. I don't see it very often...

• Like 1

The area I hunt I have 3 bucks and a doe with the same thing. Last August i shot and missed a buck that had a patch missing also

post-3620-0-70568800-1310593481_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-84227600-1310593503_thumb.jpg

I have seen that before in coues deer up in the catalinas this time of year. I was never sure if it was part of the regular shedding process or an infection with some mites or something that caused them to scratch the hair off. I don't see it very often...

Now that makes more sense. +1

I have seen the same thing also. It only happens in august as I have seen. I do know that in august there hair and skin is very thin, Im sure that has something to do with it. Bitting bugs make have something to do with it also, im not 100% sure on why it happens.

It kind of reminds me of a hot spot. my dog got one last year the vet said it was common in the summer with the heat causing some kind of skin infection. Don't know if it would be the same with deer but it just had to be cleaned and kept dry and healed up to where you couldn't notice it in a couple months.

parece que les metieron una bola de chingasos a esos venados. o puede ser que los arrastraron por el callejon de la amargura. pobrecitos.

parece que les metieron una bola de chingasos a esos venados. o puede ser que los arrastraron por el callejon de la amargura. pobrecitos.

pobresito el cabron, nadie lo pela y tiene que buscar atencion en un foro del internet.