Sign in to follow this  
huntingfool

Wanted: fallen tree removed!

Here's the deal:

I'm upside down on my house in Tucson and have recently moved to Flagstaff. My neighbor called the other day and I had a big limb from my palo verde tree and another tree (ash or something) blow over during the last big Tucson windstorm. I'm in flagstaff and don't have the time/desire to drive to Tucson and cut my trees and haul limb/firewood.

I need:

Somebody to cut and haul what has fallen. Of course I'm willing to pay for this, and if you burn wood you can have what you want. This is not the first time this had happened (the palo verde tree is huge) and palo verde burns great.

Contact me if you want to do it or know somebody you use to do this kind of stuff, I want somebody honest. If you want to do it, I'll give you the address and you can give me an estimate. The house is empty but still, I don't want it vandalized. Thanks for any help guys.

Not a good idea to burn paloverde as it releases smoke that is toxic to humans...

This is from the Sonoran Desert Museum web site:

"The soft wood makes poor lumber. It is also poor for firewood, burning rapidly while emitting a strong, unpleasant odor, and making no coals."

Not a good idea to burn paloverde as it releases smoke that is toxic to humans...

You have a reference for that? Just curious cause I burned ti while I live dthere and hope it wasn;t dangerous. Wikipedia says it's good to eat:

My link

Yeah, it is not good to burn, also not a good idea to cook over. As for Wikipedia, we all know how accurate they are....

Yeah, it is not good to burn, also not a good idea to cook over. As for Wikipedia, we all know how accurate they are....

Ok guys, I can find NOTHING on google that says Palo Verde is poisonous in any way to burn. Several sources say you can eat the stuff. As far as wikipedia not being accurate, all I can say is that it's probably more accurate than lay theories posted on the internet without evidence. Quit crapping in my add guys. Nobody has to take the firewood. I'll burn it, I have burned quite a bit of it and it burns fine. The fact remains that I need it taken care of, and I'd like to find somebody I can trust thru this site before I venture to backpage or craigslist. We all know how reliable folks you find there are...

Palo Verde

Here's the deal:

I'm upside down on my house in Tucson and have recently moved to Flagstaff. My neighbor called the other day and I had a big limb from my palo verde tree and another tree (ash or something) blow over during the last big Tucson windstorm. I'm in flagstaff and don't have the time/desire to drive to Tucson and cut my trees and haul limb/firewood.

I need:

Somebody to cut and haul what has fallen. Of course I'm willing to pay for this, and if you burn wood you can have what you want. This is not the first time this had happened (the palo verde tree is huge) and palo verde burns great.

Contact me if you want to do it or know somebody you use to do this kind of stuff, I want somebody honest. If you want to do it, I'll give you the address and you can give me an estimate. The house is empty but still, I don't want it vandalized. Thanks for any help guys.

pm me with the address and maybe I can get out there tomorrow to take a look at it. Terry

If I lived close Id help ya. Here are a few palo verde facts.

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/palo_verde.htm

The seeds can be ground up and used for flour. The Seri Indians of northern Mexico used the seeds and flowers as a food source, and made necklaces out of the seeds. Red dye can be made from the flowers. Palo verde wood is only good for fire wood, and the tree is not an endangered species.

http://www.extraplicity.com/galleries/paloverde.html

The wood is soft and brittle and burns very quickly, giving off an unpleasant odor and leaving few coals.

Doesn't say anything about poisonous.

Here's the deal:

I need:

Hey bud,

If one of the other guys can't help you out I can swing by after work a couple of times and saw it up for you. I don't want the wood but I could stack it for you there. Don't want any money for it, just pay it forward and return the favor for someone else.

Brian

My apologies, I thought I was just passing on some advice......

If you put a free fire wood sign, no one will touch it. It you put a firewood for sale sign out, someone will steal the whole thing.