Will K

Bear Season Friday

i am taking my boss out, told him not to expect anything but we want to get out, so ill be ib 23 also, if you see a tahoe with chrome 24's on it, itll be us discount tire guys out seein what damage we can do, stop by and say hey or glass with us

I wonder how long it will take for the first bear picture to get posted? Its possible some one is elbow deep in a bear right now.

We just hunted this morning in 23 and glassed up 4 huge bull elk. Got buzzed by an Arizona Black when we were walking by a manzanita bush and saw 3 nice muley bucks on the way out. Not sure what the bears are eating. They ate raspberries a couple weeks ago. Prickly bear fruit is not ripe yet up high. Didn't see any acorns and juniper berries were hit and miss. Plus it is hot, although 62 degrees was nice 1st thing this morning.

Went out this morning, one made one stand but scouted a few spots to go the 15th if the objective hasn't been met by then in 6B. Found a few bear tracks, and saw a herd of elk with a small bull. It's fun to get out if nothing else.

I was living in Tucson when the tornadoes hit around Flagstaff a few years ago. Found a few spots where they touched down today, that's some strong wind to snap mature pine trunks in half!

000_0146.jpg

000_0147.jpg

Sounds like 23 was a zoo. Glad I went somewhere else. Didn't see any though. Going back tomorrow.

I was checking out videos on YouTube. Saw the first bear taken this season it's under Arizona black bear hunt 8/5/11 looks like a nice bear is that the usual size of bears or is it a little on the small side?

I was checking out videos on YouTube. Saw the first bear taken this season it's under Arizona black bear hunt 8/5/11 looks like a nice bear is that the usual size of bears or is it a little on the small side?

Wow I am no expert but it looks like a nice bear, I wouldn't think twice unless it had cubs. But being a boar they didn't have worry about that. Congrats to the hunters

Congrats to the hunter, no disrespect to their harvest but IMO NOT a big bear. Congrats to them again... it's hot out there, hope they were able to handle the processing and packing in a timely manner.

Went out to 23 friday. It was one hot sucker. Way to hot to do any hunting. Did some calling with nothing but yotes comming in. One of my buddies killed a small bear and were totally shot after getting it out. Going to pray and wait for the cooler weather before i head back out.

Will K.