Sign in to follow this  
rkv09

Backyard pics

Nice pics guys.

It would be a tough hunting trip eating cheetos and watching tv from your blind (living room) then walk outside to your target and arrow a mature coues.

Too funny

Wow thats pretty awesome! I saw a REALLY nice buck one time going to pick up a date on the northern end of Campbell.... Too bad she was crazy!Anyways, that 4x4 looks like he needs anothe year or two to really mature. He looks a little young.

Casey:

I wrote about it in my book, "Sixty Years A Hunter," but I shot my first Arizona whitetail just east of the end of Campbell in the mid-1950s after walking in the dark from what then was our home at Park and Fort Lowell.

There also used to be mule deer for the first couple of miles north along the Rillito River before they built all those roads and houses in the 1940s and 1950s. The mule deer are gone, I'm sure, but there is no shortage of Coues deer along the south slope of the Catalinas. May they always thrive.

Bill Quimby

What the fetch! I bet the HOA would have a fit of your pet deer roaming around the block. You have anymore pics of this crazy coues?

No I never did end up shooting any of those bucks. I only saw the 4 pointer a couple of times and the big eye guards. Plus I didn't want to explain to the neighbors why I was dragging a dead deer through their yard. Did see the spike running around all the time though. Here are a couple of more pics I got of them at night. These were taken about 100 yards from the garage

post-5508-0-55781000-1339471927_thumb.jpg

post-5508-0-33022500-1339471964_thumb.jpg

post-5508-0-38052000-1339472040_thumb.jpg

i dont know what happend... i was just practicing with my bow and a deer walked in front of my arrow! ha ha cool pic thank for sharing!