Sign in to follow this  
rkv09

Backyard pics

Got these bucks on a trail cam behind the house. When do you think the 4 pointer will fully mature? Should I try to hunt him in August or wait till Dec if he makes it that long?

post-5508-0-45935100-1313515939_thumb.jpg

post-5508-0-58073000-1313515968_thumb.jpg

post-5508-0-93884900-1313515998_thumb.jpg

post-5508-0-94173100-1313516092_thumb.jpg

thats a heck of a hike you have there to get to your spot?!!

Wow thats pretty awesome! I saw a REALLY nice buck one time going to pick up a date on the northern end of Campbell.... Too bad she was crazy!

Anyways, that 4x4 looks like he needs anothe year or two to really mature. He looks a little young.

I wish I had your view. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Are you serious! Right there in the back yard, I thought you all just had coyote's runnin around.

Thanks for sharing, your camera gets nice clear pics.

Quarter-mile rule only applies to firearms. Since he is considering hunting the deer in August or December I believe he is considering archery hunting this deer and there is no quarter-mile rule for archery. Unless there is a local anti-archery ordinance or he is in one of AZG&F's new "NO Hunting Zones" he might just be able to archery hunt that buck from his backyard.

Don't have to worry about that camera getting stolen. Nice buck!

I'll go hike for days looking for these grey ghosts and not find them and you have them coming to your house! :blink: I've got to be doing something wrong... :P

That is so cool....I'd sit in the house with the door/window open then fling an arrow.....

That right there is borderline insanity.......make an honest man think about things he hadn't ought too......nice pics and heck of a nice buck.....good luck getting him a quarter mile away from your house :o

17-309. Violations; classification

A. Unless otherwise prescribed by this title, it is unlawful for a person to:

4. Discharge a "firearm" while taking wildlife within one-fourth mile of an occupied farmhouse or other residence, cabin, lodge or building without permission of the owner or resident.

*Is it just me or are there a lot of ways to get around this statute? B)

I personally wouldn't want to risk it, but . . . That is a nice buck . . . :ph34r:

Ya I just put the camera out just to see if there was any decent bucks out there. I didnt think there was going to be anything that big out there. I dont think it would be a problem hunting them with the bow besides you can see in the pics one of the field point bags I shoot at.

Ya I just put the camera out just to see if there was any decent bucks out there. I didnt think there was going to be anything that big out there. I dont think it would be a problem hunting them with the bow besides you can see in the pics one of the field point bags I shoot at.

Good luck with that one.

I think I am gonna set up a trail cam in my back yard and see if anything is slipping through on me. :D