Sign in to follow this  
Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Another one out of the closet

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Hello fellow coues addicts. I was just reading a recent post and decided I would make the step out of the dark and join in. I've been an avid reader of the forums and have had a couple stories posted in Amanda's website. I'm one of those types that can never get out in the woods enough and look forward to reading new posts everyday. I hunted AZ for the first time as a non-resident this year as I just moved to NM last year. I had a tag in Unit 27/28. I only hunted for 3 1/2 days before a miscommunication between my brother and I led me to taking a deer sooner than I thought. It's a beautiful little buck and in the long run, it worked out better for me to be at home. (sick boy). I seen tons of deer, mostly does and little bucks, glassed up a couple sheds, and most importantly, found some country I would like to look at a little more. Scott had me speeding on the highway to get home to find out if he'd put the hammer down on the big guy. I've never read a book that has had that much suspense. Now it's time to start exploring NM a little more. Look forward to talking to some of you folks. Hopefully the pic. comes out.

welcome to the forum! these coues are amazing deer! welcome to the forum and may many monsters fall to your bulllet of choice!

Howdy AZ>NMcouesaddict,

Glad to have you in board :)

There are many knowledgable folks on this site with good advice and great stories. Enjoy.

Glad you decided to come out of the closet and join the group. Welcome to the site. I'm glad you liked my post but for crying out loud don't kill yourself getting home to read it. :)

I didn't see a picture if you tried to attach one. Would love to see the buck you took last month.

Scott

Glad you decided to come out of the closet and join the group.  Welcome to the site.  I'm glad you liked my post but for crying out loud don't kill yourself getting home to read it.  :)

I didn't see a picture if you tried to attach one.  Would love to see the buck you took last month.

Scott

hey az>nm, you got it wrong, you dint step outta the dark, you jumped into the darkside. wierd folks here. 'specially that bullwidgeon dude. he was gone for awhile bein' a stunt double on brokeback mountain, but he's back now. anyway, welcome to the darkside. Lark.

Welcome!

You've come to the right place for your addiction!

Azp&Y

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Well I guess the photo didn't take. I'll email it to Amanda, and see if she'll post it. I used to live in Heber AZ and moved to Reserve NM. After taking a whopper of a mule deer I started chasing whitetail in Unit 33. I've been successful there but thought I would try closer to home in Unit 27. I can say, it'll be hard to make the switch back to the carp deer. I applied for the Burros here in NM and did not draw but seen some nice bucks on the border while scouting in AZ. I'm hoping to find some good country here in NM. While living in Heber, I seen some dandy bucks above the rim, just to hard to draw tags and find them in the same year. Thanks for the welcome. Talk to ya later.

Welcome to the site! I love Reserve, NM. We hunt and guide in 16A every year for elk and spend alot of time in Reserve, some beautiful country! JIM

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you have the coues bug too. Reserve, NM. my parents have a place just up the road from ya, around ten miles north of Luna. I'm trying to move over there full time in the near futrue. Lots of good country with some really exceptional bucks to go with it, just takes a lot of scouting to figure one of them out. If you like to hunt hard in some rough country you moved to the right spot. Good Luck! Jeff.