Sign in to follow this  
elkman

long range hunting rifles

i have been long range shooting for a few years now and have taken some great shots and killed many different animals at 500 plus yards. I have had several rifles built up and have a couple that shoot better than others. Out of my best shooter i consistantly get 3/4/-1 inch groups at 300 yards and around 1.5-2 inch at 500 3-4.5 at 700, just curious how other rifles you guys have shoot at longer range. Meaning 3-5 shot grouping.

I dont normally shoot groups at LR... Just shoot kill sized rocks to make sure my turrets on and that the deer would be dead....

I shot thie group at 510 prone, bipod, no rear rest with my sporter weight 257 wby and 100 TTSX. Not a true long range rig, but it does shoot well and I am comfortable to 600+, altought I missed a 100-105" buck at 672 last year! (damnit!)

0822100837a.jpg

I dont normally shoot groups at LR... Just shoot kill sized rocks to make sure my turrets on and that the deer would be dead....

I shot thie group at 510 prone, bipod, no rear rest with my sporter weight 257 wby and 100 TTSX. Not a true long range rig, but it does shoot well and I am comfortable to 600+, altought I missed a 100-105" buck at 672 last year! (damnit!)

0822100837a.jpg

I'd be satisfied with that...for sure.