Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Anybody Yet??

A couple of nice bulls! I am leaving on the 21st for buddies rifle tag in 3A, 3C that starts on the 23rd of Sept. We heard one bull scouting during Labor day weekend but that was it.

Anybody in 1 or 27 have any reports? Went to Big Lake and heard a few isolated bugles but didnt see one single elk on the road between the lake and Alpine. Could of been my timing though as it was in the middle of the day everytime when I was going through. Alot more green up there than I thought but still sucks to see it that way. Maybe in 10(more like 20) or more years when I get drawn again it will be better :P . Good luck to everyone.

they are there. we were into them everyday while i was there. Middle of the day they were silent, mornings and evenings they are only giving you maybe 30 min to hunt them. Comming to the meadows way late. buddie is still up there.

saw a nice 5x5 comming down the 116 road saturday.

vincefmx, i believe we saw that bull thursday. Congrats nice bull

AZXL, Yeah i saw him Thursday evening as well and figured i'd pass on him. Not 20 min. later we saw the nontypical i was talking about. I Have a buddy with the same tag and that area has been minimal in activity the past few days...all small bulls showing themselves in there, nothing big. Good luck up there...it should fire up in the next few days! Nice NM bull, that thing has good mass through his whole rack. Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Ya someone had a game camera on Joe tank off the 139 road. My buddy jumped in front of it for a pic. Thought we might get lucky and someone would post his pic on this site but have not seen it yet. Thanks for the info and good luck to your friends.

I have been waiting on text from my buddy's for what seams like forever. Nice looking bulls congrats !! Can't wait for more pics and hunt storys.

I shot this bull in Unit 1 on Sunday evening and I was not happy that I gut shot him. I backed off and let him sit all night and went back Monday morning and started tracking him and was very surprised to find him about 150 yards away! I used a Vortex 100 grain with a 2 1/2" cut and it really did it's job on him, I was very impressed!

post-5637-0-05918700-1316029533_thumb.jpg

Great job! Were they talking good? How did the burn effect your hunt or how you hunted? Thanks!

Were we hunted the burn wasn't that bad, it just burned low so most of the trees were still alive. I really do not think it affected anything and as you can see from the pic it was very green! They were not coming into calls very good yet, but I still had a great hunt.

lines73, if your dad's name ain't steve i'll eat my hat. good bull. Lark.

Well Lark, there will be no need to eat your hat! You must be from Pima....LOL