Sign in to follow this  
maloney2121

My old man finally made it happen

I just wanna congratulate my ol' man (AZBUCKEYE) for finally connecting on his first bull elk. I got the email last night and I was a bit tic-off cause all I got was an email saying elk down with no PICS!!!!!!!!!! I knew I would be getting the phone call in a matter of time with some pictures to follow. Don't know all the details but will give what I know. He said he had actually first seen this bull on his trail cam and decided he would sit in a stand to see if he would show up. I guess after sitting till almost dark hearing bulls all around him he finally heard his bull but couldn't see him. With literally only mins left of shooting light his bull finally came in and made the shot but it was pretty dark he only knew he hit something cause of how loud his arrow sounded as it hit. The elk took off but was able to call them back in and had seen one elk in particular with what little light he had left and this one elk he was watching went down and he realized it was his bull. Needles to say the rest of the night was spent hanging out with good ol JIM and JACK. Im sure the story got better as the night went on telling the guys at camp he had to run the elk down and finish him off with his buck knife then fight of the grey wolves from taking his trophy lol......Congrats to the ol man once again. You deserved it and I wish more than anything I could have been there to share that moment. These are the moments we live for!!!!!

post-1878-0-65648800-1316470007_thumb.jpg

post-1878-0-55998300-1316470104_thumb.jpg

post-1878-0-52482800-1316470145_thumb.jpg

Is it just me or are those G2s a little odd. Great bull congratulations.

Bob