Sign in to follow this  
MattMan

First Archery Coues

Just got my first archery coues on the 2nd, spot and stalk... 20 yard shot. I've gotten a few decent bucks with a rifle, and just got a bow about a year and a half ago. This was by far much more exciting and difficult. He's a 2x3 with a 14 1/2" outside spread. My uneducated tape got about 72" gross score. Second year in a row I can't participate in the fall draw since getting a bow... and it was worth every second. :D

Congrats on a successful hunt. I don't think there is anything more difficult than spot and stalk hunting coues with a bow. He'll be a trophy to remember for a lifetime. I'm trying to miss the fall draw for the second year in a row, the wait is always worth it. Hope to see some pics. Once again, congradulations.

Brian

Congrats on the deer, anybody that gets one with a bow has done a great deal of hard work.

That's awesome, can't wait to see the pics. Congratulations!!!!

Josh

Mattman,

Gotta throw in my congrats. I am greatly appreciative of that accomplishment!

Mike

Guest Ernesto C

Like I said before any deer harvested with a bow is a TROPHY;congrats!!! Mattman two thumbs way up for you.God bless you more. :D

Ernesto C.

Great job!!! Hope to see pictures soon. I hope to do the same ONE day!

:ph34r:

Thanks for all the congrats... the one picture that came back turned out kinda bad. There's a few more on another roll of film, just gotta burn up the rest of the roll. Just got my wife a bow this past weekend so she can start shooting.

That is awsome that you got your wife a bow. My wife already shot a bow when I met her, now she is shooting my moms. I think after I get her a car, I will get her a brand new bow so she can use it in Aug.

I also got my moms rifle for her, and she is going to be lion hunting with me soon. It is awsome to hunt with your wife, we had a blast in dec. even though we froze.

Good luck

GMM

My wife also just started with a bow and she loves it. We got her the little Parker. It is light and she can shoot the heck out of the thing. Congrats on your deer! I had a Dec tag and hunted my legs off to get a small 2x2. I get more excited when she gets something than when I do. She shot a nice 300 bull this year in the rifle season and can't wait to get it back to hang on the wall. The photos are in a post called advice on 24a. Hunting with the family is pretty cool, I have two small boys that are starting to hit it with us to. Can't beat it.

Good Hunting

John

Edited by Impact

Absolutely a great trophy.......I think that coues spot and stalk with a bow is the toghest act in the book..................congrats and I cant wait to see the pictures................Allen................

Something i'd like to accomplish someday...i don't care how big a buck is with bow...that's a great job..congrats..BH