Coues 'n' Sheep

Has anyone seen pics the Mattausch Buck?

Ben Mattausch helped his brother, Billy, to smoke up a true Monster with his bow in the last couple of days. I heard he had been watching this buck since Oct. and final got him with a bow from 25 yds!!!! I'd like to hear the rest of the story and see the pics.....

Big Time Congrats, Ben & Billy!!!! Anyone who has hunted with the Mattausch Brothers nows what a wicked good hunters and stand up guys they are!!!

Gino

My dad Billy killed it. Ben is my uncle. I haven't seen it dead. I saw it alive a few times on video. It is a good one. I was out of town all last week so I don't know the entire deal yet or have pics maybe when I go down there for HAM season I will see the rack and get a picture or two.

Bret M.

Hey guys i got pics of the buck and its a biggin.My brother in law is friends with them and got a couple pics.i think he said it scored 125 or so.i dont know if i should post the picks being i dont know these guys.if anyone knows these guys and it would be ok with them let me know.its a really nice buck and from what my brother in law tells me these are really good guys my congrats goes out to them nicely done!

Yep I think he might. :D

bills_monster.jpg

Here is the buck. My uncle found it in velvet. It disapeared shortly after going hard horned for awhile. It showed back up during the rut and my dad finally got it in late January with his bow after it chased a doe down a trail he was sitting near. They worked hard for the deer. Not bad for archery unit 45A :rolleyes:. They haven't had it officially scored yet (I think it has to dry longer) but it should be around 120 net or so.

Bret M.

Fantastic BUCK- Nice Spread on that one!

Looks from the photo like BUCK SHOCK! :rolleyes:

GREAT JOB and thanx for posting the pics!

AzP&Y

Looks like a big body and nice spread on the antlers. Congrats to your dad, Bret. Is the crab claw on the left beam something genetic in the Kofas?

RR

That buck is a monster!!!! Typical of unit 45A.

He should rank pretty dang high in the books archery!!!