Sign in to follow this  
#1huntinfool

Matthew or Hoyt

Witch bow do yall think is the best bow, matthew or hoyt? i have heard that both bows are good bbut what are the pros and cons of both bows? i am getting into bow hunting purty deep wanting to upgrade to a better bow thanks

I think you need to shot them both and see what is comfortable to you. I personally like hoyt but that doesn't mean that it is the best for everyone. The new hoyts just came out and I think mathews is releasing their new bows one the first. Shoot the new bows when they come out and see what you like.

Really, all of today's bows are great bows. The competition is so tight that only quality products stick around. My advice is go to an archery pro shop and shoot as many bows as you can. Pick the one that feels good for you. Don't limit yourself to just Mathews or Hoyt either. Bowtech, PSE, and Elite make great bows just to name a few...

NEITHER shoot whichever brand you like the best!!!! For me thats pse... ive owned 12 different mathews bow models (q2 sb dren monsters sbxt dxt outback legacy etc...) and my 08 x-force hf i have liked the most. never owned a hoyt 2 words ugly and heavy. Although currently that appears to have switched with mathews. Also might want to go used. Only ever bow i bought new was a bowtech. People will say not to but i have bought more than 35 bows used without any sort of problems minus normal wear and tear. Shoot everyone I buy. Just this year I have bought 3500 in used bows sold em all though so any questions on any used bow ask and can let you know what i thought.

most of mathews offerings are single cam bows. hoyt are binary cams.

they each have their pros/cons. i pulled back on both bows and they are so smooth. i finally chose a mathews Z7. the bow is great, but it wants to take off. it is very creep prone. you cannot let down very smoothly. the hoyt is better in this department.

if i was going to do it again..i'd take a long hard look at Elite bows. only company to offer a transferable warranty. the new Elites came out, so there are so many used bows out there for a great deal

if you look now, on Badlands website, they have a classifieds section. they have a NEW elite ANSWER for cheap sale.

know your measurements before shopping for a used bow.

As others have said, go shoot them all and see what is best for you. I've had Mathews, Bowtech and now own a Hoyt - All are good bows, as I'm sure PSE are too. Right now, I like the Hoyt CRX35 the best, but the Bowtech Destroyer and Mathews Z7 are great bows - just have to figure out what YOU like and what bow does it for you.

thanks for the info yall i have a old pse mach 8 but i am only limited to 50 yards or so my dad had a matthews Q2 loved it but he sold it so was thinkng of a switchback shot that to liked it even better with the Q2 i was max out at 60 yards with the swithback i could shoot 70 yards know problem i am talking 5 inch groups not bragging or any thing just saying what my research has been thanks for all the info

I would say neither. I would try out PSE! I like that they are local to Arizona and if something goes wrong you don't have to pay to ship and wait you can literally drive to Tucson and get it taken care of. And their X Force Series bows are RIDICULOUS!!!!

All depends on what you like single or binary cam, more forgiving or speed, limb stops or cable stops. Either way you need to shoot them and choose which fits best for you. I shoot a Strothers. You have probably never heard of it seeing as it is an up and coming company but That bow is amazing and has everything I like. I had a PSE evo7 had a hoyt crx and liked my Strothers more so I sold them. If you are dead set on one of those 2 bows I would go Hoyt! Archerytalk.com is a great website that has a classified section were you can buy new and used bows for amazing prices. You can also check the sellers feedback to make sure they are a honest seller! Good luck and whatever you choose make sure your happy with it don't just buy it for the name!

Whatever bow feels the best to you. They will all kill. +1 on shoot a bunch. I shoot a 7yr old Matthews and it will kill and thing the new ones will. Not saying the new ones are really nice. I try not to get wrapped up in all the hype of the latest and greatest. But if I had the money I would try the Hoyt matrix. :)

save yourself some time and order a Athens! you can have the best of all bows wrapped up in 1. i own Recluse and now the Ibex and you are welcome to try both if 29" draw works for you. i have a thread in this category with a picture of my Recluse.. fact is the big 4 companies are not always the best....