Sign in to follow this  
desertsheep

Lion Kill Found Under The Rim

Ya I've seen that b4. A guy from Payson found it a few years ago. Howd you know the scores Mike, did I send you pics of it b4? I don't remember it being anywhere near that wide though. I'll look for better pics of it.

i know everything that is needed to know about it.... its what dreams of made of and every man and woman at this site would give their favorite hunting rifle to shoot a buck like that!

I can't remember the guy's name but I was buying antlers in Payson and he showed up with it. Bout blew me away!! He wanted about $10k for it, after I finished choking and almost half laughing I simply asked the man if he wouldn't mind if I at least take a few pics of it. Here they are.

post-3-1139891289.jpgpost-3-1139891327.jpg

It'll gross around 132" and net in the low 120's.

What? 10k for a rack? Sounds like a pretty good deal. Just think what ole dude would want if the skull was clean. It's a bargain!!! You'd better jump at the chance Josh :P

Oh no he wanted to sell it, that's why he brought it to me. He just must have thought that it was equivalent to a 450" bull elk or something to be asking that kind of a rediculous price. It was one of the typical deals that I usually deal with when they ALWAYS say, "Well someone told me it's worth X amount." When in all acutality the person that said that to begin with doesn't have a clue about what they're talking about, they're just excercising their jaw.

Anyway, freakin awesome rack though!!!!!!

Hey Josh, question for ya. What could that crazy non-typical I posted be worth. I know it's worth what someone will pay, but do you have a guess. If anyone has a guess I like to hear from you. The owner told me he was offered five grand, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Just curious on price tags, no reason I guess.

Justin

Justin,

I don't know what buck you're talking about so you'll have to help me out here. It doesn't sound like you're talking about this buck here right? Cause you said a non-typical buck. I wouldn't really want to say on a public forum what I feel a rack is worth cause like you said, it's all what someone is willing to pay. If you want to personally email me then that's fine and I'll do my best to answer your questions about prices and what not.

If I recall correctly, the owner of the rack mentioned something about knowing a guy that had a replica of the 502" bull, off of the San Carlos, that he said to be worth $10k. He said that guy was willing to trade him a replica for his Coues rack and I think that may be where he thought that if he traded for something that was supposedly worth $10k then that must be what his rack was worth. I don't know. $5k for that rack is still a TON of money, I know of much larger racks that were bought for considerably less than that. More power to him is all I can say if he got the dough.

I found a 132" gross, 126 6/8" net 4 pt back in '99 and I would've never thought it'd be worth that much and I'm in the business. Now if someone offered me $10k for it I'd have to do some serious thinking, that's a lot of money for a chunk of Coues bone.

PS: Is your last name Flores?

Justin,

I don't know what buck you're talking about so you'll have to help me out here.  It doesn't sound like you're talking about this buck here right?  Cause you said a non-typical buck.  I wouldn't really want to say on a public forum what I feel a rack is worth cause like you said, it's all what someone is willing to pay.  If you want to personally email me then that's fine and I'll do my best to answer your questions about prices and what not.

If I recall correctly, the owner of the rack mentioned something about knowing a guy that had a replica of the 502" bull, off of the San Carlos, that he said to be worth $10k.  He said that guy was willing to trade him a replica for his Coues rack and I think that may be where he thought that if he traded for something that was supposedly worth $10k then that must be what his rack was worth.  I don't know.  $5k for that rack is still a TON of money, I know of much larger racks that were bought for considerably less than that.  More power to him is all I can say if he got the dough.

I found a 132" gross, 126 6/8" net 4 pt back in '99 and I would've never thought it'd be worth that much and I'm in the business.  Now if someone offered me $10k for it I'd have to do some serious thinking, that's a lot of money for a chunk of Coues bone.

PS:  Is your last name Flores?

Hey Josh,

That Justin doesn't get on this forum. He and Luke want me to post a pic of that non-typical buck with the 4 eye guards on here but I haven't yet. That was a pretty cool find though, eh...

PS: You made them both late for work last week when they showed you that head! :)

HA HA HA!!! When it comes to antlers and big coues deer I'd be late for work too! I took some pretty good pics of Justin and his deer and last night he told me it'd be ok to post them. Go for it and if my pics show his rack a little better then I'll add some too.

HA HA HA!!!  When it comes to antlers and big coues deer I'd be late for work too!  I took some pretty good pics of Justin and his deer and last night he told me it'd be ok to post them.  Go for it and if my pics show his rack a little better then I'll add some too.

Well, since you have the pics post them..... I have not taken the pics yet....we have been too busy. It is too cool of a buck not to get it on here. :ph34r: