Sign in to follow this  
weatherby1

2 nice bucks down

Here are the deer that my father and I shot this year. There is no real good story to a long with it. It was one of those once in a lifetime hunts where everything actually happens the way you plan it. I found these bucks about two months ago. I was not able to check on them for about a month after my accident, but as soon as I was able I went out to find them. It was as if I had only been gone a not a month. They were in the exact same spot that I had left them. Then do to work constraint with my me and my Dad we only had 1 afternoon to hunt togather. He wanted me to go and get one without him, but I decided I would rather wait until he could be there. On opening day I took my wife's cousin out on his first hunt to another spot that had a real cool forkie in it. We got out there and after about a hour of looking we found him and he sealed the deal with a nice 220 yard shot. Then I was done until Tuesday afternoon. My Dad picked up my nephew and met me then after a short wait we were abe to locate these two bucks again. They had moved about 150 yards but that was it. Dad got set up picked the one he wanted and shot his deer dropped at the shot and the other one just stood there looking around. So I got set up and dropped him both deer were shot at 310 yards and dropped in their tracks. My nephew was was very excited. It was the first deer hunt that he had ever been on.

post-4261-0-65400000-1320545352_thumb.jpg My wife's cousin's first deer with my brother-in-law and my two boys.This deer was

21" wide and had 4" bases not bad for a forkie!!

post-4261-0-17467300-1320545635_thumb.jpg Dads buck

post-4261-0-82053400-1320545693_thumb.jpg My buck

Congratulations to you guys on some nice bucks! Way to get it done in short order GW!

definetly some good bucks come out of the ag fields in Willcox. looks like you did a good job finding 3 of them. congrats on some nice bucks!!!