Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!

Well let me just start off by saying ?ITS ABOUT TIME!!!? It only took me 8 years to harvest my first javelina but it was worth the wait. Since I had a baseball game Friday I was only able to go down for Saturday and Sunday morning. Well I woke up Saturday at 4 a.m. to take the 4 hour drive down to unit 31. Well after my scouting trip I was unable to locate a herd so we went to the only place that I had seen any big game at all which was 3 whitetails. My dad and I hiked up a ridge to get to a peak. He told me to hurry up and get up there and start glassing. So I picked up the pace and worked my way to the top. I get setup and just started to glass when my dad says ?This place doesn?t look to good?. Well I glassed another 30 seconds and found a pig. I called my dad on the radio and told him. He got up there and by that time I had a herd of 11 pigs on the hillside. The only thing is this hillside was also about 1 ? miles out. We make a plan and work our way down the mountain to the rolling hills and to the ridge before the hill they were on. I spot them down in the flat bedded next to a wash. I get to 190 yards and see a rock outcropping about 50 yards above the pigs. I work my down while my dad stays up high to watch. I get there and spot one of the larger pigs walking in front of a tree. I take aim and the pig drops. My dad comes down the hill and when he gets to where I was a pig came out of nowhere on the hill across from us. I range the pig at 150 yards my dad takes a shot and dumps the pig. Sadly I pulled my shot and hit the pig in the skull so I won?t be able to bleach it. My dads pig is an old sow that has hardly any teeth left just the tusk that are almost gone.

Here I am with my pig

100_0516.jpg

Here I am with both pigs

100_0517.jpg

Here is my dad with the 2 pigs

100_0522.jpg

Here I am with mine again

100_0520.jpg

Here I am again with both pigs

100_0518.jpg

Way to go :) Congrats to you and your pappy...Great lookin pigs ;)

Congratulations on your pigs and what a way to spend time with your family!

Great job Christian, congrats to you and your dad. A couple of nice pigs for sure. Thanks for sharing your hunt and pics.

My old man and I are going hog huntin here in CA in a couple of weeks and I hope we do as well as you guys ;)

Guest Ernesto C

Sweeeet and congratulations to both,what a hunt!! Hey what type of camo is that on your pants? ;)

Ernesto C

Hey Younghunter, way to go on the hogs!!!! Glad you and your dad had a great time. By the way, are those Swaro 15's sitting on your tripod? It looks like them. I am thinking about getting a pair. How do you like them?

retlaw they are the 15x56 swaros and I would have never found the pigs if it werent for them. They are absolutely amazing and worth every penny.

Ernesto I thought you knew what that was. It is the oldest camo known to man. They call it sky camo now since it blends in with the sky so well.

Thanks for all the congratulations.

Great Job! Days like that with Dad are priceless. Here's some pix of my boys and my hunting buddy Doug's son with some other unit 31 piggies. We were flying totally blind, set up and my oldest son found these right under our feet while Doug and I were glassing way out.

post-478-1141012944.jpg

Big congrats to you & your dad Christian!!! Outstanding work!

Good job to you to AZOnecam! Love those hunts with kids along.

S.

:-)