Sign in to follow this  
mexicanhunter

BEFORE YOU GO HUNT, BE SURE TO CLOSE YOUR TENT

And I am 0 for 2 archery hunting for those things?!?!?!?! I am the worst hunter in AZ.

If I haven't gotten one by the last day of the season I am going to set up my sleeping bag on a cot inside my tent and leave the door open overnight. I will sneak up at first light with my bow already drawn. Hopefully I don't find a bum inside.

I think the javelina was waiting for you to get in the sleeping bag for you to spoon it :lol: .

If I haven't gotten one by the last day of the season I am going to set up my sleeping bag on a cot inside my tent and leave the door open overnight. I will sneak up at first light with my bow already drawn. Hopefully I don't find a bum inside.

Wouldn't that be considered "baiting"? :P

And I am 0 for 2 archery hunting for those things?!?!?!?! I am the worst hunter in AZ.

Hilarious!!! Murphy's law at work! ;)

The 'spooning' comment was very funny too! :lol: :lol:

S.

:)

That video is in fact mine. We were down by Douglas for our left over hunt. As soon as we got to camp, I noticed a javelina over near the corral where we setup camp. When my hunting buddy arrived a few hours late I pointed out that there had been javelina in camp. He's originally from Wyoming and had never seen a javelina before. A little while later the same javelina wondered over near camp again so he took a few pictures. We never thought about it much until we went to bed. My dad took a few bottles of water to the tent so we wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night.....that's when we realized it is a bad idea to leave the tent door unzipped. For the remainder of the hunt, any time we were in camp so was "Dorothy". Our only assumption was that the ranch hands had raised it from a piglet. She would walk right up to us and want to be petted. Pretty cool either way!

• Like 1