Sign in to follow this  
azmetalman

Monster Archery Coues

More pics of awesomeness please......

Wow - that buck is just awesome. How many times have you dreamed just seeing an incredible buck with a huge frame, close to touching beams with double drop tines? Now I've seen one - lol. Huge congrats to Luis - just flat out amazing.

Wow! What a stud buck! Lucky hunter for sure... :)

Southaz,

Any chance of having Luis share a detailed story of the hunt?

That's a phenominal buck and huge congrats to him.

Luis has shared the details of his hunting story with me. He says this is the buck that got away from him last year. He went scouting since early September but didn't see him until mid November. The first day of his hunt he spotted the two does that he had seen with this buck. 10 minutes after a border patrol came down the canyon and spooked them away. After that he didn't see anything all day. The next day he didn't see anything, not even the does. December 11th early morning he's walking up to his spot, when all of a sudden he turns around and the Buck is standing about 200 yards from him with two other bucks. He was so excited his knees started shaking and began getting buck fever. He couldn't decide whether to shoot standing up, kneeling down, or laying down. He ended up taking off his back pack, laid it on the ground, and leaned his rifle on top of it. As his hands were shaking he took one deep breath and fired one shot. The buck immediately feel to his side. Luis jumped up in excitement yelling and as he turned to tell someone, he remembered he was alone and gave himself a high five.

Southaz,

Any chance of having Luis share a detailed story of the hunt?

That's a phenominal buck and huge congrats to him.

That buck is flat out awesome. Double droppers, great eyeguards, amazing beams, just solid everywhere, and then the double droppers to boot?!

I think the coolest part is his beams... Not only because they almost touch, but I love how long they are and turn up after the G3. An absolute dream buck for sure. I dont know if I would ever hunt again after killing a buck like that.....

Yeah, I probably would...

Wow is all I can say. I have only seen one buck with one drop tine! This buck is truely amazing and I'm glad to have checked back to read the story. VERY NICE!

that will make a great mount....congrats on a nice buck!...GREAT BUCK!