Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Women's HAM hunting camp, Feb 17-19

Hey All,

CouesWhitetail.com has teamed up with AGFD and Youth Outdoors Unlimited to host another javelina hunting camp for novice women hunters. The camp will be the second weekend of the HAM hunt down in the 36s. Tags are still available over the counter.

If you know any adult women that would like to learn how to hunt, this is a great opportunity for them. We send each lady out in the field with an experienced hunter and help them get a javelina. We provide all the food and instruction and even hunting/camping gear if needed. This camp was a great success last year with lots of help from CouesWhitetail.com forum members! I am looking for students as well as mentors, so spread the word.

For more information and the registration form, please visit this page:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/womens_javelina_hunt_2012.htm

We had a really fun time last year and we expect to have even more hunters and mentors this year! If anyone is interested, please review the info on the page linked above.

Peg and I are looking forward to helping out again this year. :)

TJ

With just less than 6 weeks away I thought I would bring this back up. If you have never hunted javelina or never hunted before and don't know where to start then this hunt is for you. There are still tags available over the counter. Where else are you going to have a hunt catered to you with free meals and a mentor hunting along side you? This is a great experience with friendly folks and a warm campfire for your comfort at the end of the day. Check out last years event in the Javelina Forum. If anyone wants to come and be a mentor please sign up on Amanda's registration form or contact Amanda.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. :)

TJ

ps.....has anyone mentioned Youth Outdoors Unlimited was selected as Mentor of the Year for 2011? CONGRATULATION!

I'll submit my paperwork tomorrow to get the weekend off and I'll take someone out.

cool! please remember to fill out the registration form for the hunt and email it to me. this helps me keep track of who is coming and what kind of equipment they might have to loan out.

the registration form is on the info page:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/womens_javelina_hunt_2012.htm

This is a first class hunting camp for novice women hunters. As of a little bit ago there were still lots of Ham Hunt Permits left. You don't want to miss this one and it's at no cost to you except your hunting license & permit. :)

unit 36A - 88permits

unit 36B - 81 permits

unit 36C - 59 permits

TJ

Yep, I'm with you! Unfortunately, due to family comittments I could not make it there this year. Last year was a blast though, and I'm sure they had a good time this weekend.

I want to see a post with stories & pics!!

S.

:)

Thanks to all who made this last weekend happen. My family and I had a great adventure with our mentors. Great food, great people, good times.

ps this is my first post so i hope i posted it the right place.

Just wanted to say that as a mentor I too had a grand time at the Women's Javelina Camp. I'm already looking forward to next year's. Thank you to all involved in making this event happen.

Peg and I had a great time at the Women's Javelina Hunt Camp this year. If you have never been to this event you need to make a point to schedule it as a mentor or a newbie hunter. Amanda puts on a first class event. Youth Outdoors Unlimited did another good job of keeping everybody with full bellies. To see the excitement on the ladies faces in the mornings, in the cook tent way before daylight, with the anticipation of the upcoming day's hunt was priceless. It was an experience you just have to experience for yourself. The number of mentors who showed up was just amazing. They were as excited as the hunters and gave their all. By the time everyone got to meet each other you would have thought everyone was old friends.

Saturday night was my favorite around the camp fire. We were entertained by a couple young ladies around 12 yrs old with a couple songs that were just awesome to say the least. I'm sorry I have forgotten their names but I'm sure Amanda will help me out here. It was the icing on the cake.

Peg & I would like to take the time to thank azgfd, youth outdoors unlimited, the women hunters, all the mentors, volunteers, and of course Amanda of coueswhitetail.com for making our time the most enjoyable and welcoming.

My only regret is I never took my camera out of it's case. I guess we were just having way to much fun. :)

TJ

From talking to people that were there, you all sure had a blast!

Everyone mentions the songs that the young ladies sang too!