Ok, here is an update this morning here in Lakeside. It is a little hard to get an accurate measurement of the snow with all of the drifting that has taken place, but it is at 37+ inches with drifts of 4 feet. Absolutely amazing. Here are some pictures to enjoy of our yard.

Here i am shoveling snow

100_0233.jpg

Here is yesterday at 18"

100_0078.jpg

Here is a pic this morning of the same car that is on the left.

100_0080.jpg

100_0082.jpg

There is supposed to be a fence here.

100_0083.jpg

Is that much snow all at once, with an already depleted food supply, really what we needed? Especially hard on last years fawns/calfs.

We got probably about 2 inches here I would guess. I got up this morning and couldn't resist the urge to drive North a little because last night on the news they said that it was going to snow down to 2000 feet elevation. I went up to the Four Peaks turnoff from the 87 and took some pictures. It was really cool to see the snow and there were a lot of people out there. I hope I can do this pictures posting thing right.Snow6.jpg[/img]

Okay, now that I have apparently figured it out here are some more pics, enjoy.

Snow5.jpg

Snow4.jpg

Snow3.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Snow.jpg

Snow7.jpg

Snow8.jpg

Guest Ernesto C

Thank You,thank You and thank You Lord for the rain and because you still listen to our prayers,let us give You the honor and glory for your love and mercy,Amen.

Nice pictures every one and thanks for posting :)

Ernesto C

Wow, great pics, it's really nice to see how it looks around the state. Here in Globe we got 9-10 inches and the power was out for like a day and a half. Some people are still without power. My husband got a snow day yesterday since the roads were closed and so we got to spend the day in the snow and huddling by the fire to keep warm since we had no power! Our power came back on around 9 pm last night and it's still on today, although not real stable yet.

In this excellent storm we got, I was finally able to test out my rain gear that I bought for hunting. I took the dogs for a walk in the blizzard and slush on Sat and then yesterday went out and hiked around and rolled in the snow trying to soak my rain gear. I am glad to say everything was completely waterproof!

We usually get small amount of snow in Globe at least 1 or 2 times a year and we usually have snow in the Pinal mtns most of the winter. This year we had no snow in the mtns until this last storm. Now we have snow everywhere! My neighbor said that sometime in the 70's they got 18 inches! This was only 1/2 that, but it still is alot for Globe!

Here are some more pics:

My backyard:

post-1-1142271920.jpg

post-1-1142271952.jpg

Front yard

post-1-1142271934.jpg

The hog mountains which are just east of us and on the San Carlos Res. (they don't get snow nearly as often as the Pinals)

post-1-1142271971.jpg

Some late evening snow at Beshbagowah Archaeological Park in Globe. Some neat ancient indian ruins that I have not seen in snow before!

post-1-1142271987.jpg

post-1-1142272184.jpg

and a few pics of my "snowsuit" in the snow (along with Maura and my huntin' buddy Molly)!

post-1-1142272214.jpg

post-1-1142272271.jpg

Great pics everyone.

I'm glad you are all getting the weather that you where hoping for and then some :)

SUNRISE SKI RESORT RECEIVED 5 TO 5 AND 1/2 FEET OF SNOW AND IS RE-OPENING THIS THURSDAY MARCH 16TH!

SNOWBOWL OPENS THIS FRIDAY 3/17 - Sunset Chair and Hart Prarie - they are still evaluating the Agissaz chair (main charlift to the top)

post-898-1142296897.jpg

rained 4 inches at the rancho neglecto. had to pump down the cement pond twice. aflac and stud (my 2 ducks) liked it. dang what a good rain. how'd it do in the gila valley? any o' you guys got a rain guage? it's funny, now alla them pickup truck lion hunters with worthless snow only dogs finally got some snow, but it's too deep to get their trucks outta town. now that's funny right there, i don't care who ya are. Lark.

I know that I've posted quite a few pics already but I had to post these last two. I went back out Sunday afternoon when some of the clouds had cleared up and got some more pictures.

moresnowpics005.jpg

Here's a shot of Four Peaks

moresnowpics006.jpg

Here's a view of the Superstitions

Cochise County didn't get all that much down low but the Huachucas finally got some snow. Was beginning to look like we might lose the entire mountain to a lightning strike. Still pretty dry though. Maybe we will get some more this weekend.