standman

Journal of My January Hunts

Hey stand man did that two point happen to have half of a right ear?

All ears were fully intact.

Brian

Sweet! I was reading your story and it was pretty similar to what I saw this morning along with the weather conditions. Wanted to see if we were I'n each others back yard. Good luck on getting one done

Scored my cousin's buck tonight, 105 3/8"!

He has 16 4/8" inside spread and main beams that are 18" and 18 1/8".

Awesome buck!

Brian

100_0802.jpg

Going to be back at it tomorrow again. My dad and I are going to be sitting together and I have a feeling that a buck is going to hit the dirt tomorrow :).

Brian

Going to be back at it tomorrow again. My dad and I are going to be sitting together and I have a feeling that a buck is going to hit the dirt tomorrow :).

Brian

Good luck today! Lots of Hot does...

Oh so close today with my dad and I.

Windy and a little brisk all morning. Hate hunting in the wind as deer just don't seem to like to move a lot in the wind. We first had a doe and a fawn go right by us at 915 this morning. Then there was no action till 1210. My dad then taps me on the leg and says there's a deer. After a few minutes of trying to see through the thicket to see what it was, a doe steps out and is on a line to come right by us. Then just a little bit behind her, a buck, a good shooter buck. The doe is now at 18 yards with the buck lagging behind. I reach down to grab my bow and the broadhead point was poking the blind and I didn't realize it, and when I pick it up the point pops out of the blind and makes the slightest of sounds, but the doe caught it. Now the buck is at 30 yards but no shot and the doe backs up and then trots to our left with the buck in tow. They stop out there at about 45 yards and calm down. The doe goes back to feeding. The buck starts raking a tree and working a scrape. Then the buck has other ideas and decides to chase her and he chases her away and out of out sight.

So yep, I screwed that one up. Lesson learned.

Tomorrow is another day and I will patiently be waiting again.

Brian

Thanks for the report Brian and sorry it didn't work out for ya. I've done the same thing. Bummer after all that time waiting. Ground blind hunting isn't for everyone. I know what you're going thru my friend. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Brian, you came close today, and tomorrow should bring more opportunities. You have been a very dedicated, and very generous and selfless hunter. I believe in good karma and I think the next days and weeks will be good to you. If anyone deserves it, you do.