standman

Journal of My January Hunts

Thought I would share my daily hunts here in January again like last year. So here we go.

Sat in my blind this morning over scrapes. Sat till 1:00 pm as there are no pics of bucks coming through after that. Had two small bucks come through. One small two point and one small three point chasing a doe.

This afternoon went pig hunting. Glassed up a group of pigs (12) an hour before dark. Was able to get to 17 yards and kill a nice pig. Will post pics tomorrow afternoon.

Brian

Big Buck Down! Not mine but my cousin that was with me on one of my scrapes. Pics to come.

Brian

We will start off with a teaser. My pig pics. :D

Brian

P10100041.jpg

P10100031.jpg

I had a slow morning in the blind. Had one deer come by don't know what it was. and had a buck grunting and chasing a doe behind me before it was light enough to see.

Ok here we go. He had this buck come right in to a scrape at 930 this morning at 20yards. He drilled him. He went about 35 yards and piled up. He is a 4x3, broke one tine off when he fell but will get it fixed, and an outside spread of 18". He so wanted to get me out of my blind to show him off but he waited till I got out, picked me up, and we got pics taken. Here he is.

P102000811.jpg

100_0802.jpg

P1020007.jpg

P1020006.jpg

Here are a couple pics in the back of the truck to show his width.

100_0803.jpg

100_0806.jpg

Brian

Congratulations on the pig and your friends coues. :)

TJ

Tomorrow my dad and I will be sitting together, so hopefully we can make something good happen. Been a good year so far and its only been two days. :)

Brian