Bowfreak1

Is the rut here?

Just wondering if anything is working for you all?

I tried scents, rattling with no luck...

Has the rut kicked in yet? I know with this crazy weather, it's hard to tell and it hasn't been cold enough.

Any help will be appreciated.

CR

I'm having a hard time determining what's going on right now in 24A. I watched 14 doe, 6 fawns, and 3 bucks in the last two days walk underneath my stand and the bucks were cruising solo. 10 days ago I watched a young buck chasing a doe around. I'm thinking the warm weather has most rutting activity taking place in the dark. Hoping for a cold front soon. I'll be back at it next Tuesday. Sure wish the snow could have stuck around.

Just wondering if anything is working for you all?

I tried scents, rattling with no luck...

Has the rut kicked in yet? I know with this crazy weather, it's hard to tell and it hasn't been cold enough.

Any help will be appreciated.

CR

I have been out in Northern 23 that past couple of days and all I've seen is 15 plus doe and a couple fawn, no bucks at all. I have tried scent, and rattling and nothing either. Trail cam picked up a nice little buck at 1 AM, still snow on the ground and there are siqn everywhere, still not spooking anything up. ;)

From what I know and seen its already winding down for muleys in 24a that first cold front got them going early and the buck I killed in 23 north was looking for does before I shot him all swollen up just depends it only takes 1 doe to be close for a stupid monster behind her

Where ive been hunting....mule deer are going at pretty good....but still not seeing any whitetail bucks...wierd finding plenty of doe's but no bucks

Sat blind today, had 2 spikes(one had at least 14 inches on each side) and 7 does, and one squirrel that if he dont calm down will take an arrow tomorrow!! I think this weather is pushing the rut farther back in the month. JMO!!

Sat blind today, had 2 spikes(one had at least 14 inches on each side) and 7 does, and one squirrel that if he dont calm down will take an arrow tomorrow!! I think this weather is pushing the rut farther back in the month. JMO!!

I'm hoping you're on to something with the rut thing. The bucks have been real scarce so far for me. Seeing many does with fawns keeps my hopes up that the best is yet to come. The squirrels in Arizona are quite inquisitive to say the least. I've had them within a foot... Literally!

last week of Dec. I watched two small forkys fighting for about 15 seconds and the winner chased the looser around for about 3 minutes. After repositioning I watched a shooter chase a doe around and follow her all afternoon. Couldn't make it happed though!

I saw a muley buck mount a doe 2 weeks ago. Saw some whitetail acting interested in some does and pushing off smaller bucks. Have seen bucks all by themselves and also lots of does by them selves. Its been pretty confusing to me.

Where ive been hunting....mule deer are going at pretty good....but still not seeing any whitetail bucks...wierd finding plenty of doe's but no bucks

01-09-11 : Ok finally saw some whitetail bucks running some doe's and chasing off other smaller bucks...it looking good.

saturday watched 3 whitetail bucks feeding for like 3 1/2 hours 8:30am - 12:00pm

got up to find a way to go at them and they pulled a houdini before I could plan out my stalk.

saw 4 solo does before that. lots of sign everywhere, rubs, scrapes, and tracks!

this was in 22 about 4600 ft elev.

james

WT rut in full swing in southern AZ. Glassed a small area this weekend and within 45 minutes located >10 bucks, all moving at midday, different sizes up to 90". Now if only one would cooperate and provide a stalking opportunity....