Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Mexico 2012

Very nice.

Congratulations to you all.

This was a drier year for sure and made it hard on antler growth.

You guys did good.

Congrats to you all! Sounds like a fun trip!

I hunted a couple different ranches this past week and after looking over a ton of bucks I really started to see the horn growth this year was definitely lacking it certain areas. I'm guessing it isn't a wide spread issue, some areas in Sonora had decent horn growth while others are seriously lacking. There was a bad freeze last February and I've seen the effects on different ranches, some worse than others, but that coupled with where the few rains fell definitely had an effect on the available browse last spring. Again, I've noticed some ranches were worse than others and I beleive that's why there is a big difference in opinions this year on rut activity and horn growth, it all depends on where you were hunting.

Congrats again to you guys! JIM>

Houston, congratulations on the hunt. Your buck is a great looking buck. You don't seem many mature two points like him. At least you were able to look over a lot of bucks and even taking a long time to decide to take him you were as selective as you could be. Again congrats!