Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Mexico 2012

Very tough hunt for Giant bucks. We passed up tons of bucks (probably over 120) and ended up taking 3 good bucks, (not the biggest we saw) and not necessarily what we went down for. Very dry on the ranch we were hunting and between last year and this year they started mining the ranch and made roads all over. It would have been nice to have known that prior, but anyway no complaints. Absolutely no problems crossing to or from and an awesome week.

I shot mine (middle) on the last day of the hunt after passing him all morning. I figured he is the same buck I missed 2 years prior when he was a ton bigger (still a 2 point, I figured was over 100). He is a heavy ol buck I estimated at over 8 years old.

photobucket-6720-1327540651352.jpg

Hunting in Mexico is still "hunting", love the drop tine. Didn't go this year and do miss it. Neat to see 120 bucks! Congrats to all!

How far south were you the ranch i hunted had water all over everywhere in every canyon, Nice bucks congrats!!!

How far south were you the ranch i hunted had water all over everywhere in every canyon, Nice bucks congrats!!!

about 50 miles south of cananea, the area got rain in the last few weeks because there was water in all of the canyons.....but ive been down the last 3years and there is little to no browse that has grown this year...very dry this past year

Very tough hunt for Giant bucks. We passed up tons of bucks (probably over 120) and ended up taking 3 good bucks, (not the biggest we saw) and not necessarily what we went down for. Very dry on the ranch we were hunting and between last year and this year they started mining the ranch and made roads all over. It would have been nice to have known that prior, but anyway no complaints. Absolutely no problems crossing to or from and an awesome week.

I shot mine (middle) on the last day of the hunt after passing him all morning. I figured he is the same buck I missed 2 years prior when he was a ton bigger (still a 2 point, I figured was over 100). He is a heavy ol buck I estimated at over 8 years old.

Love the dropper on the one buck! What kind of buck was he two years ago? Bigger or smaller? Congrats.

Congrats on some nice bucks. I experienced much of the same down there this year. Passed a lot of good bucks hoping for a great one and ended up with some nice ones. I noticed how dry it was on the ranch we were hunting with most tanks being almost dry. That being said they must of got some moisture recently as there were many areas with new grass beginning to shoot up. Still it just can't be beat to hunt down there and as I said before congrats on some nice bucks!

Love the dropper on the one buck! What kind of buck was he two years ago? Bigger or smaller? Congrats.

Jay two years ago he was heavier and taller and I believe wider. He was on that North side of the ranch, up the canyon from the windmill with the buck that has mainbeams that almost touch. I believe Clay went in there with you years back.

Awesome Bucks!

I'm heading down Saturday! How was the rut? Did you see many broke bucks?

Rut was doing well when we left, the second biggest buck on the trip was broken bad and a few busted up already.

Good luck to you guys, there will be plenty of non broken ones for you I hope.