Sign in to follow this  
Hunter4Life09

One shot One Kill

I finally got my fiance to put in for deer with me this past season and she did a heck of a job for her first time hunting. The hunt started off great we were seeing a lot of deer. About 2 hours into our hunt we spot a decent three point buck so we decided to pursue it. Come to find out there were some other deer in the same location and long story short we ended up chasing the wrong deer and had no clue what had happened to the nice three point we had seen. After the hike back we went back to camp for some lunch, while the family was talking about there morning hunts my buddies little brother decided he would glass around our camp. Before you know it he spotted a decent two point right from his chair in camp and before the evening was over the buck was hangin in the tree at camp. The next day we were determined to get my fiance her first buck, we glassed so much that second morning i felt like my eyes were going to fall out. After we decided to head to another location we decided to glass some hills that just looked to good to pass up. Next thing we know my buddies grandpa told us he found a buck but it was about a mile away up hill. The look on my fiance's face was priceless knowing that she just walked her tail off the day before. But she stuck with it and decided she wanted to go after the small 3 point buck. While putting on the stalk it seemed like it was forever because it was fairly hot outside and we were hiking up hill before you know it we were within shooting range. A few weeks before the hunt I bought a 22-250 rifle and this is what she felt comfortable using. My fiance has never shot any guns all her life before she had met me, two days before this hunt she shot the gun 2 times and told me she was ready. As we were 225 yards from the bedded buck we waited for it to stand. after about 20 minutes it finally stood up and she was about to shoot. Then just our luck she was about to shoot and the buck bedded back down. I advised her to relax and stay calm cause he would be getting up soon to start feeding. About 15 minutes later the buck stood back up an my fiance laid down the hammer and dropped the buck in his tracks with one shot from the 22-250, I have never been so excited not bad for shooting the gun twice before the hunt she did great. And the great thing is I think i got her hooked on coues.

post-4030-0-82914000-1327818507_thumb.jpg

post-4030-0-81750100-1327818615_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your fiance's buck. Here's to many years of hunting together. :)

TJ

ps.....are you sure that isn't your daughter? ;)

Nice buck! Coues country can be tough she hung in there I would say is hooked.

Yay! Another gal in the field!!! Nice job, and to your fiance, way to hang in there and make a good shot! Congrats to both of you!