PBJ stepping down would be a good way to start the meeting off! If not I will suggest it when its my turn. Something like: "all in favor of PBJ say I" I bet the place will be silent!

• Like 1

I learned of this thread earlier today, and I wanted to clarify a few points that have been brought up regarding the sale of Special Big Game License Tags (Commissioner's Tags) and the organizations that market them. While I realize that this thread has touched on many topics, this one seems to resurface.

Current Arizona statute allows the Arizona Game and Fish Commission to award up to 3 Special Big Game License Tags for each big game species. The Commission does so annually in June, and a number of wildlife conservation organizations request the ability to market those tags. Statute requires that 100% of the proceeds are returned to the Commission, and those tag funds are allocated to projects in coordination with those groups and the Habitat Partnership Committee, currently chaired by Commissioner J. W. Harris.

About a year and a half ago, the Commission worked with the various groups to develop a sales agreement that would ensure greater transparency and accountability for these sales, be they raffle or auction. Commissioner Harris chaired that committee, many wildlife conservation organizations participated, and the Commission approved the new agreement.

This year at the Wild Sheep Foundation auction, the auctioneer noted on the slides that a 5% buyers premium would be added to the sale of any state tag that was being sold IF ALLOWED BY STATE LAWS OR RULES. When I returned from the convention, I consulted our attorneys to determine if a buyer's premium was lawful, and I was assured that it was NOT. I immediately contacted WSF and they assured me that NO buyer's premium would be levied on the Arizona tag sales.

At no time am I aware of any buyer's premium being levied on an Arizona tag. The Commission has tried very hard to ensure that this program could not be misused. Tags have been sold by national groups and by local groups, to include the Arizona Deer Association, the Mule Deer Foundation, and many others. So far as the tags are concerned, I am unaware of any of these groups being anything other than truly great fundraising partners. Yes, Commissioner's tags helps these organizations by bringing clients to their banquets, but they have always bore the administrative costs of these sales. Both the Department and the wildlife conservation organizations benefits. And the benefits get passed on to the wildlife resources of Arizona.

Arizona has a great program because of the partnership among the Commission, the great wildlife conservation organizations that sponsor the tags (both national and local), and the sportsmen that have interest in participating in the raffles and auctions for these tags.

Brian Wakeling

Game Branch Chief

Arizona Game and Fish Department

• Like 1

But who's gonna work the convention? Lark

What a great site C.W is. I've been a lurker here for many years. I've learned a lot from some positive people just so happens your not one of them.

All I ever read out of your walking fingers is cry, cry, piss, piss, moan, then moan some more. You must have some pretty strong fingers, let me

guess its not your fault it's your wife's. What a life you must have to sit on the side of the road, eating a roadside sandwich and have nothing better

to do other than find Internet service just so you can talk your crap. Get out of the closet already, wipe off your bacon drapes and get a life. Computer

tough guy is all you are, must be an exciting thing to look forward to in the morning.

BTW most of the people you put down have done way more for wildlife than sitting behind a computer like you. Your just a pot stirring trouble maker like poison in the blood. Sorry just tired of reading your SMACK!!!

Hint Your the inspiration for my username.

• Like 2

What a great site C.W is. I've been a lurker here for many years. I've learned a lot from some positive people just so happens your not one of them.

All I ever read out of your walking fingers is cry, cry, piss, piss, moan, then moan some more. You must have some pretty strong fingers, let me

guess its not your fault it's your wife's. What a life you must have to sit on the side of the road, eating a roadside sandwich and have nothing better

to do other than find Internet service just so you can talk your crap. Get out of the closet already, wipe off your bacon drapes and get a life. Computer

tough guy is all you are, must be an exciting thing to look forward to in the morning.

BTW most of the people you put down have done way more for wildlife than sitting behind a computer like you. Your just a pot stirring trouble maker like poison in the blood. Sorry just tired of reading your SMACK!!!

Ha Ha Ha +111

• Like 1

Oh no I am so distraught. What ever will I do. Say hi to pbj for me. Give him a big smack right on the lips. Lark.

• Like 1

Seriously? Really? You are going to come onto CWT and your first post is going to bash one of the long time members? And then if you are going to call out one of the members, you need to have the Huevos to sign your name! Man up, and send him a private message, you two can meet in some dark parking lot somewhere and hash out your differences (I think I know who will be coming back from that meeting). If you havent figured it out yet, you soon will. Respect here on this site is earned, and with this BS you just posted, you just lost all credibility!

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lark, remember, none of has the experience to comment on this issue, because we have not worked enough banquets/conventions...

At the rate this issue is going, PBJ might be the only one at the banquet. "table for one, please" ;)

• Like 1

I'm sorta flattered anybuddy pays that much attention to me. And why is it my wife's fault and what are bacon drapes? Dont quit after one sucker punch either. At least it gives me somethin' laugh at while up here in nevady. I thought this was a desert up here. I'm about to freeze to death. Lark.

• Like 2

I ran across this on a blog...it is around six months old. Check out the picture, and the writing on it. http://blog.outdoorsmansresourceguide.com/2011/07/1-outdoorsmans-honest-perspective-of.html

I found most of Pine Donkeys thoughts to be okay, my problem is with the context in which it was used. I cannot for the life of me understand why a business would find it necessary to post a blog in support of auction tags and the people who buy them. Unless…oh never mind.

On a positive note, Brian Wakeling is pretty darn good at responding and clarifying issues. I think AZGFD and us hunters are pretty lucky to have him and most of the current commissioners. Even most of the ADA people seem to have their heart in the right place and I do not support beating them up for sport. It is no secret that there are roots that run between the ADA and the AZSFW and the divorce will be uncomfortable. The ADA just needs to grab the band-aid and rip it off, we all know who the good guys are (and aren’t).

Kent –you are an amazing well of knowledge, I wish I knew 10% of what you know on these issues. If you think it would make sense for the anti-AZSFW crowd to meet before the meeting I will go out of my way to meet you and assist with coordination and logistics. I would prefer to be hunting but I think this issue justifies the effort (and quail and archery deer just closed :) ). Not looking for a gripe session, just want to make sure there is a data driven plan in place since the pro-AZSFW crowd will almost certainly have a plan of their own. I am not a political guy but reading that crappy bill really fired me up. I am in the Phoenix area.

One more thing – the “Smack” post was HILARIOUS, it made my eyes water, what do I need to do to earn one of those? Lark, you should feel honored.

Ryan

• Like 1

bwakeling, appreciate the clearing up of the fee or no fee... hopefully in the future we can bring the tags back benefiting/promoting Az venues... it's a bitter taste that the MDF/SFW expo gets the benefit.

John, if I go to the meeting I will contact you prior and we will make an arrangement...

Probably do a pay per view and fund a jr hunt camp... Lark and Smack can be the opening bout.

lol

Kent

Ryan, it would probably make sense to have a couple of the board members and a couple of us anti sfw premeet before. If Amanda or Chef set it up I'm in, whether I stay for the meeting or not.

I will still continue to look at different angles of this sfw story. Stay tuned.

Kent