Sign in to follow this  
bowman

custom long range rifle

I am thinking of buying a new custom rifle chanbered in a 300 Win mag. I was wanting opinions of where to start looking....While funds are not unlimited I dont mind at all paying for qualiy work......It must be a sub min of angle gun....

Thanks for your time and thoughts

Wasatch Precision Arms is building me a 270wsm right now....Manners stock, 700 action, fluted, and teflon coated.

It will be in hand this spring, really excited. Take a look at them.

I had Todd Bettin build my custom 300 RUM. It won't leave his shop if it's not a sub 1/2" rifle at 100 yards. It's by far the best rifle I own.

http://bettincustomguns.com/

I've heard good things about Wasatch Precision as well. You may want to look at his 300 Tejas!

Here is what I have and it shoots well under an MOA.

Stiller predator action ( direct from stiller $850), Schneider barrel 5.5 taper 28" with a 1:11 twist, McMillan a-3 stock, van horn muzzle break, Wyatt box, bdl bottom metal, stiller picatinney rail, timiney trigger.

I'm getting consistent sub 1/4 MOA groups consistently with mine chambered in 300 rum. 210 Berger vld.

On the cheap end of the spectrum. While it's not a .30 Cal, my 6.5x284 is a 1/4 MOA gun that I built off a 111 action, Douglas barrel, and right now it wears a ultimate varmit choate stock. But I'm gunna get dif of.that and get a laminate soon, and it has a sss trigger.

If you are still looking for a long range shooter 308nut was selling a great setup ,get in touch with him to see if it is still available.