Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy knowlton

A coues and a stickbow.....

Guest andy knowlton

Well I figured you guys would want to see this buck. Hes nothing special compared to some of the brusiers on this site, but he meant alot to me. He was my first spot and stalk deer with my bow,and only the second coues I've ever tried to stalk. I shot him in 32 on New Years Day. I glassed him up and beded him with 2 does. Snuck up to 30 yards and blew a fawn bleat and he stood up presenting a perfect quartering away shot. I got a complete pass thru and he went about 100 yards and expired. And after that rush, I dont think I could ever bring myself to sit a stand again, it'll be spot and spook from here on out!!!!!

101158.jpg

What a beautiful buck Andy!! I have to agree, I'm not much for sitting stands and prefer to be a little more proactive when it comes to hunting. Great deer and welcome to the the site.

Scott

Great deer Andy!

And for those of you that haven't seen the latest issue of AZ Outdoorsman Magazine, you might not know that an article by Andy is in there. He wrote an excellent story about his adventures getting a deer and a bear with his bow in a very short time. I think it was 2 days? I can't remember but pretty neat stuff and well written. AZOD web site for more info on the magazine

Amanda

Guest Ernesto C

Wow!! thanks Andy for sharing the picture is trully a trophy and congratulations. What a way to start the year.God bless you more.

Ernesto C

Wow nice buck Andy, and with a bow makes it even more exciting. That is very good that you were able to spot and stalk him. :lol:

Picture doesn't show up for me. I'll try again later I guess. Congrats Andy, Chris told me about it a while back but never sent a picture. Can't wait to see it!

Josh

Andy, fantastic job. That is a true trophy and like you said, sitting is nothing compared to the stalk. Havent seen your story but your smile tells it all.............thanks and I hope you join up here.........Allen........

The picture did not come up for me and then i hit the right side of my mouse and hit show picture Then this time it came up so try that and see if it works for you . That is a nice buck, And with a long bow What a job.

Edited by ARIZONA GUIDE

Once again great job!!

Hey guys Andy is famous over at bowsite.com!

He has a bear, mt. lion, coues, javi, and a mulie all with in 1 year with a stick bow none of this compound stuff!!

Andy you are sure having a GREAT YEAR!!

CONGRADULATIONS

:lol:

JEFF!!!!!!

We were there specificially for pigs and were hunting in the Klondyke area. Had some luck with the pigs (no kills) but saw more deer than anything. Andy