Amanda,

You wrote,

"In fact Suzanne made a presentation to the ADA board last night"

We've read that ADA was supposed to survey their members, but it seems the members have not seen that. Delay, delay! Pete told folks before the banquet that if they came back with this stuff he would not be happy. He has now written that it needs to be killed.

What did the ADA board do following the presentation by Ms. Gilstrap?

It's time to get off the fence!

Bruce

The ADA board remains opposed to HB2072 as written and although it's taken awhile to get a survey out to our membership, we have been working on it and it should be out this weekend. For some of our members we do not have email addresses, so some will receive letters, some may even receive phone calls. We intend to find out what our membership is thinking. So if you are a member of the ADA, please respond to the survey when you receive it and give your honest opinion.

Do you really have to wonder what the membership is thinking? 99% of people are thinking the same thing about azsfw and 2072.

Hard as it may be for some to believe, I suspect a large percentage of membership are probably unaware of the bill....I believe this survey will educate some people about it as well as asking them their opinion.

Do you really have to wonder what the membership is thinking? 99% of people are thinking the same thing about azsfw and 2072.

Hard as it may be for some to believe, I suspect a large percentage of membership are probably unaware of the bill....I believe this survey will educate some people about it as well as asking them their opinion.

can we see a copy of the letter - email being sent to members ?/

or if bpj is against it - could someone getting the letter/email/ survey post it.

be nice to know what they are being asked to vote on and how is 2072 being explained so they can understand it.also we need to know where they stand in support of azsfw!

Come on we all know ADA is in bed with AZSFW.They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.Its been how many weeks now since they said if AZSFW tried to push 2072 thru again that they would drop them.ADA is playing the usual game on who will give them the most support even though that bill is crap.

• Like 1

by the time there is a survey, the legislature will be done....bill will fail or pass without Ada hearing our voice.....john kolezar, you. are not serving your members in an acceptable fashion. I am not attacking, but rather pointing out an obvious situation. this member survey should have been done by now. I have performed many many surveys for business and would be happy to perform this one. get me a member list this weekend and I will personally contact all 300 to 400 members. you can call me or email me....480...258...3726......allen Taylor......

• Like 1

still have not seen the Ada survey to vote on our position regarding hb2072 and our position regarding. azsfw.......I emailed john kolezar and he said yesterday he would have it out shortly.....

boy that is fast action seeing how the bill will either go thru in the next 2 days or be done for the yr.

tell BPJ - well you know !

If AZSFW is still around next year, something very simiar to HB 2072 will be back next year. It's a tactic that has been use for along time.

If it doesn't work the first time, make some minor changes and bring the same smelly thing back in a prettier package.

They already know very well, who supported this effort. They will be working with those supported for the next 8-9 months and we won't know anything about it until it drops on top of us.

There are over 300,000 hunters in Arizona. I'd bet that 250,000 don't know anything about HB 2072. 500 guides know about it and you can bet that the fat wallet guys know about it because 2072 is for them.

I am so glad that I am involved in a regional group (YVRGC) instead of a state group (...). We have had two board meetings and two MEMBER meetings since this bill dropped. I am happy to say that it has been a major topic at each of those meeting and I think you all know where we stand.

In the words of Bubba...not sure if he is No. I of No. II...Get involved. I know I am preaching to the quire but we can't sit here and "female dog this".

The folks like George are tired of being patted on the back for doing what everyone of us SHOULD be doing. The sit back and let'em do it days are over. Mrs. Lungbackloin gets paid SIX figures every year to do this stuff. I know for a fact that she is good at her job. She will succeed at anything she is paid to do.

In my short little life I have worked for him and them. The days of a handshake and a man's word are gone. The only thing that matters is money, which AZSWF has, and contracts, which HB 2072 will be. Thankfully we are still a democracy and what we the people want counts,at least to some. So in the words of me..."Make it happen"

David W. Power

Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club

Amanda, you wrote earlier in this thread that the ADA remains opposed to the bill 'as it is written....'. But what does the board think about the overall concept? I really think the majority of opposition on this site has not just been to the way the bill was written. People in general, just seem to be opposed to the concept in general. Also, folks are opposed to the behind the scenes political lobbying, not just the verbiage of the bill. That is my opinion only of course. At the end of the day, this thing is a big mess.

S.