DotShot

Just me?

Thanks Amanda for the email! I followed your instructions and works perfectly now, finally! What a frustrating ordeal, I was about to take a sledge-hammer to my computer ;) ! I had my wife try to get on the site today on her computer at work and it crashed it :D :unsure: Thats when I found out it wasn't just my computer :D Thanks again Amanda for correcting the problem. JIM

For anyone else still having trouble, here are the instructions I emailed Coosefan.

Delete the email you received from CouesWhitetail.com that referred to "a card has come to you" or whatever it said. If you still have trouble, try deleting the files in your temporary internet files, including offline content. Look under Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet files if you have Internet explorer. I believe the worm can live in the temporary internet files.

Amanda

It's kind of late now, but if anyone else got hurt by this, don't post anything about it. We don't want to give the hacker any more satisfaction or encouragement.

bowsniper

My computer at my shop was hit. I had 5 or 6 variations of the trojan virus. Windows caught it and started downloading anti spyware on my computer. It cost me $25.00, but I have no more viruses. My home computer wasnt effected.

GMM

Ooops

Ever since the site was hacked and fixed, the top of the page no longer has the pic of the mountain on it...Is it just me?

Ever since the site was hacked and fixed, the top of the page no longer has the pic of the mountain on it...Is it just me?

Nope.

I think Amanda did an upgrade to help deter future hackers. I noticed A few other things changed as well, mainly dealing with the look, but the members / assistant section seems to have changed the most.

Yes, I did an upgrade to help with security. I will be working on fixing the look of it. Unfortunately I have spent the entire last week battling spyware and adware and viruses on my computer and had to finally erase the hard drive and start over. And that was all unrelated to the fiasco here on the forum. Ugh...frustrating week....

Hopefully the new upgrade of the forum with help with security of the site.

Amanda

My fingers are crossed.

Thanks Amanda :)