Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Political discussions & cwt

Yup, too many opinions and differences in them.

That's why religion, politics, taste in music, etc are touchy subjects and can ruin an otherwise good time.

I have many friends all with different beliefs and we get along great because we don't push the issues with each other.

Agree to disagree.

Good post AZbowhntr.

I think what some people are misunderstanding is that a call to action does not mean getting on CWT and start name calling and fighting amongst ourselves. A call to action means calling or writing letters to those that can actually do something about it. As far as I am concerned there could have been 1 post in that thread telling everyone what was going on. After that it did not get one single thing done except divide us. And that is my .02

Exactly!!!

• Like 2

Political discussions is the one thing I dislike the most. I will not allow it in my hunt camps around the campfires and I truely hate the negative it brings out in good people. This latest post on HB2072, here on cwt, is a good example. I joined this site back in 2007 and it has been a big part of my life ever since. It has been my therapy and my entertainment for the last several years. CWT.com has become a part of my life that I'm proud to say has made me a better person because of the friends I've made thru this site.

Come on guys, for just a little while, let's set aside this issue and think about all we have to do as hunters such as habitat preservation, protecting our right to hunt while upholding and enhanching hunting's image, and assuring hunting's future by getting more young people involved. Let's celebrate what we love to do. No name calling, no apologies, no guilt, no worries.....just a chance to focus on the thoughts and memories that we really care for.

Amanda has established an awesume site and I have to say I don't know what I would do without it. Thank you Amanda and thanks to all the members who make this site what it is. Maybe I drank to many beers writing this but it is what it is and let me finish by saying I'm glad we have our moderators montoring. With this being a family site I support their decision in editing whatever they feel needs to be done. :)

TJ

I hear you TJ. I clicked on the "View New Content" shortcut this morning and over half of the most recent posts were under the Political Discussions category. Not that we shouldn't be passionate about causes we believe in, but when politics starts dominating, I become less interested. I have my political passions as well, but my faith, family, and hunting passions greatly outweigh the political. I will never abandon or give up on CWT.com because it has given me so much, but I see fewer and fewer of the original core people that were on this site as recent as 2-3 years ago. Maybe this is part of the reason, maybe not. Either way, a huge thanks to Amanda for all she does, and ensuring this site is all it can be.

Funny thing, I can't remember any hunting camp where someone was a liberal/progressive. As for this current bill, any political discussion of it would quickly become mere preaching to the choir. Maybe it's because we tend to seek out like-thinking folks.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1

After thinking about TJ's idea, I think I will institute my own Camp rule. From now on members of AZSFW and ADA will not be allowed in my camps. After dragging hunters into this mess, I dont need that in my camps.

• Like 1

After thinking about TJ's idea, I think I will institute my own Camp rule. From now on members of AZSFW and ADA will not be allowed in my camps. After dragging hunters into this mess, I dont need that in my camps.

Are you sure you don't want to rub elbows with Hamberlin, and the Gilstraps around your campfire? :lol: Just make sure you hide your tag under your camp pillow, or they might try and steal it! ;)

• Like 2

Funny stuff!

Interesting! They can talk religion and politics at my fire I mean forum! I liked to know where a man's comin from even if I think he's dead wrong!

• Like 1