Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Favorite Mounts

This has been a good thread with lots of awesome trophy room pictures. Thanks everyone for posting your pictures.

Jim, I asked around and did my homework before choosing a taxidermist for my mountain lion. I think I made the best choice, and I am very happy with the finished product.

Deerslam, my taxi is one of my best friends so I usually tell him to put other clients ahead of me just to ease some pressure on his workload, BUT, this time I paid him in full for my last three coues bucks and paid for a rush on the pedestal! I just can't wait to finally have a nice coues mount and want it ASAP :) I am mounting my biggest MX buck on the floor pedestal with a 90" class lion kill skull incorporated into it somehow. My AZ buck is back from the tannery but the MX bucks aren't so I think by the end of summer he'll have the pedestal done. I'll defeintely post pic's, thanks, JIM.

Sweet mount pics! Those trophy rooms are great. My boys and I have some work to do, 1 get more trophys, 2 get a room to put them, 3 convince the wife that big game huthing isn't a bizzare mental illness related to 60's muscle cars.

Just spoke to Tom and Crane Taxademy, I'm picking up my 3X3 Coues european mount on Saturday. Not a toad but is a respectable 1st whitetail. Pics will go up soon after.

Later, Matt

woods2004001.jpg

Johnsbigbuck013.jpg

This is my favorite mount.My best friend took this buck xmas morning of 2004.It got the top award at the Ariz. Wildlife Fed. annual awards,top photo.He passed away 4 months after shooting this buck from a rare heart condition.

Dustyb0, sorry for your loss! I hope I experience tagging a buck just like your friends before I go! I remember seeing that pic of him before, thats an awesome buck and beautiful mount! Here's a pic of the buck that is hanging to the left of his in that top photo.

js21.jpg

A friend of a friend killed this buck and the freak buck to the left and up from this buck on that wall as well. Some incredible bucks there!

Here are three of my favorites, tucked into my designated corner of the living room. I have to fit two more in this space two weeks from now. So I may have to start encrouching onto a nearby wall, I hope. I don't rule inside of the house, so it will be interesting. My young boy saved me by wanting the lion rug hung in his room, otherwise it would still be rolled up in the closet. We don't even discuss an elk.

post-19-1148014462.jpg

Great bucks coueselk :P

Keep them pics coming. Scottyboy how bout some pics of your critters. You must have had some of them mounted, right?

DANG!!! Killer pictures everybody!!!!!

Deerslam, I was planning on taking a few around the house and finally got around to doing so earlier this morn.. I'm gonna have to put them into 2 diff posts.. Here's the first one!!!

Here is my Impala and my rug from the Stallion I took..

DSC00386.jpg DSC00387.jpg

My "New Zealand Rock" with my 2 bull Tahr and My Chamois.. and the new stag mount nearby..

DSC00389.jpg DSC00390.jpg

My Scimitar-Horned Oryx bull above the front door.. and my Nilgai Bull

DSC00391.jpg DSC00392.jpg

Wildebeast bull and my best Aoudad with a Alaskan Moose shed nearby...

DSC00393.jpg DSC00395.jpg

And here are some more pics from around the house..

A couple of African piggies..

DSC00396.jpg

Here is my Steinbok (very old ram with worn down horns) and my vervet monkey.. These things were EVERYWHERE and we were encouraged to shoot as many as possible. They would get on top of the thatched rooftops and proceed to to rip holes into the roofs as fast as they could..

DSC00397.jpg

Here is a TX WT, a west TX carp and a couple of Blackbuck antelope. The top one is Bonnies trophy buck!

DSC00398.jpg

A face only a Mother could love...

DSC00399.jpg

A few big boys in the garage waiting to go onto the wall..

DSC00385.jpg

And lastly, I think this is where I'm gonna end up in my next life!! :P ;)

hunt1.jpg

Ah, Scottyboy I knew you would come through. Very nice collection :P Here a couple pics of one of my favs. My Dad took this Muskox this past Aug. on Victoria Is.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg