Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Favorite Mounts

Since it was suggested in the other picture thread, we'll get it started.

This is a wall pedestal Tim at TR Taxidermy and I did with my 2002 Utah speedgoat. Gotta go with Scottyboy and get a 10" bigger specimen though.

Antelopewallmount_edited.jpg

Here is my one and only mount so far. It's not the biggest of mounts but the memories that it brings back are real hard to top.

daycare.jpg

Thanks for the taxidermy plug Doug.. I just like to do it now as a hobby for myself and also to make a little side money from a few mounts (around 12 or so) I take in every year to fund the hunting problem I have!! :ph34r: BTW, nice goat mount there.. looks good! Who did the work?

I'll post a few pics of a few mounts here shortly.

Here is my mount or my coues deer, I am still waiting to get my elk back so hopefully I'll be able to post him up here soon.

9ca27a45.jpg

My favorite mount by far.

a2.jpg

A1.jpg

Doug, that's a terrific wall pedestal of a beautiful Utah goat! Wish I had mine (actually, 1 of 3 UT goats I've taken) done like yours. Antelope make such beautiful, colorful mounts. Folks, don't ever hesitate to have yours mounted!

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

I keep this hanging on the back wall of the closet in my spare bedroom behind a stack of junk.

IMG_0609.jpg

Here's a shot of the rest of the living room in my home here in Kingman. Obviously, a woman doesn't control my house decorating.

IMG_0576.jpg

Chris,

Seems like you have a nice place over in Kingman and your interior decorator has done a great job. you have some nice muleys, not to mention that speedgoat for which you certianly can make a pedestal.

RR

Doug,

I'm REALLY after a super duper Coues buck like Matthew posted here. What a great animal!!! Really don't feel the need anymore to whack these magnificent animals............except one like Mathew's..........if I can ever get one in my sights.

I would like to make a floor pedestal mount of him or maybe even a lifesize. Coues deer are such beautiful animals.......one of the most beautiful, IMO.

Also, I'm looking forward to a lifesize javelina as well. Not beautiful, but unique.

Anybody else have any pics of your Coues buck mounts???

Thanks CHD. My next mount I hope to get is an Antelope like yours. I have a hunt in Colorado this summer. So I hope I can harvest one.

Lousy pic but it's the only one I have at the moment. Nets 106 3/8 and makes the B&C 24TH Awards.

100_1757.jpg

Here are a few that I have been able to harvest over the years. The first is my desert that gross scores 170 4/8 net 169 2/8.

P5290019.jpg

Next is my full mount lion.

P5280008.jpg

The rest are my coues, smallest one 98" largest 118 6/8

P5280007.jpg

th_Picture005.jpg

Is that what you wanted ultramag