Favorite Mounts

bryanpig14cz.jpg

th_Picture005.jpg

Is that what you wanted ultramag

hes not that small is he :lol:

bryanpig14cz.jpg

.com/albums/g285/ultramag_2006/bryanpig14cz.jpg[/img][/img]

my first and only coues and my pig

That's one heck of a Coues trophy wall Desertsheep! I have no Coues mounts, YET, but have 3 at the taxi with one being a floor pedestal and I can't wait. I did have my 'lope mounted for the wall but changed my mind after it was done and mounted him freestanding off of a muley shed I found when bloodtrailing my bro's biggest bull in unit 9. My buddy, the taxidermist, altered the antler with rods running through the tines and into the table, and put a rock-like texture on the back of the form to finish it off.

goat4.jpg

This is my archery bear.

bear.jpg

This is my domain in the house, can't wait to get my coues mounts up!!!

room1.jpg

room.jpg

Here's that little buck taken on that backpack hunt into the "Kofas"

mounts004.jpg

A pair of wood ducks from Arkansas made a nice base mount.

mounts002.jpg

One mount that intrigued me was a life size coues jumping over a bush and a covey of gambel quail busting out at its base. I saw this mount years ago in the front window of a taxidermy shop that has since closed. I think it was something like World Wide Taxidermy on Cave Creek Rd.

I have long thought that a mountain lion sneaking down the rocks above a bedded coues buck would make a great lifesize set for the corner of a room. Have not gotten the kitty yet.

RR

Awesome mounts everyone! I don't have any to share, as I have never felt like having anything I've killed mounted. Saved some antlers, but never put them on a cape. Pretty inspiring though folks!!!

Doug, that buck is beautiful! Great representative speciman from the sw part of the state! :lol: :lol:

S.

:)

Here is my elk and my pheasant also. Notice the nice red walls, that was the sacrifice I had to make to hang them in the living room.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

A1.jpg

Here is my favorite mount. It is of a mountain lion that I got here in NM with the help of a good friends' pack of hounds. The tom weighed in at exactly 125 pounds, and was around 3 years old. He had an ear tag, so I called the G&F and found out that he had been tranquilized in Alamogordo as a young cat because he was right in the middle of town and the G&F moved him down to the Otero Mesa and I shot him 18 months later back up near Ruidoso.

406265.jpg

406257.jpg

406258.jpg

Great pics all, I'm diggin the trophy room pics. Here's some from my trophy room.

102_2077.jpg

102_2079.jpg

Deerslam,

No wifey, huh? LOL

She gets the the rest of the house :P

Soooooo.........Amanda,

What does the inside of a hunting lady's home look like??? C'mon now, don't be shy. I'm really curious. And please don't tell us your hubby won't let you hang your mounts in the living room.

Soooooo.........Amanda,

What does the inside of a hunting lady's home look like??? C'mon now, don't be shy. I'm really curious. And please don't tell us your hubby won't let you hang your mounts in the living room.

DONT you talk to Amanda that way you SICKO...... :P

Whoa there .25,

Anybody ever tell you not to drink and post on the same night?

Mine is a legit curiosity. Amanda hunts a great deal and has some nice animals. I wonder what her trophies look like on her walls?

Hey hunter4life, that cat mount is awesome, one of the hardest things for a taxi to get right is the facial expression on a cat and getting the eyes right. Yours did and awesome job! I also love that coues pedestal of Doug's, that mount is beautiful, I only hope mine turns out that good! That coues buck Deerslam has is a toad! A beautiful mount as well, I love the ears back, it really shows off the rack! Awesome mounts guys! Thanks, JIM.

Jim,

When do you get your bucks back? Looking foward to seeing pics. Are you doing one of the MX bucks for the pedestal mount or you AZ buck?

Looking foward to some more pics of mounts or trophy rooms, don't be shy boys and girls any animal taken is something to be proud of :)