Anyone care to give me the "cliff's notes" version of this whole mess? I started into the several threads and it's mostly a mix of info that you had to have read several other threads to understand. I'm don't live in AZ so forgive the ignorance. Seems AZSFW pissed everyone off. I'm more familiar with them up in Utah, where they were popular for a while and then had a falling out there as well. Just curious if someone could give me a condensed version. Thanks in advance.

Sorry. Behind the backs of AZ sportsmen. The bill would have given 350 or so tags from the general tag pool to the Azsfw c which is the "conservation " arm of the sfw.

50 or so tags would go to the highest bidder the rest raffled off at an expo put on by the azsfw much like utsfw.

The monies raised would go back to azsfw for administrative costs of the expo etc and a small portion going to azgfd.

Bottom line is that a lot of AZ hunters recognized the people behind the push for the bill and their motives. This is just a small snippet. Their was a lot more to it.

They want us to believe they can manage wildlife better than biologists and managers by giving them money. They want us to believe that the end of hunting is imminent. What it's really about is lining the pockets of the azsfw kingpins, allowing the wealthy to hunt trophy animals 365 days a year and destroying the namc. In a nut shell. We are hyper vigilant on this group now and I guarantee anytime the azsfw rears its ugly head they will hear from us the do called "minority!"

The dollar amount total of these 350 tags would be similar to the amount of the 30 auction and raffle tags now, but it will reduce the original tags value by 1/3rd at least. So the HPC will lose 1/3 and azsfw would negotiated with the G&F up to 30% of the new tags, so at best the HPC may collect as much for habitat.

Of course if you stay with the 30 tags and add a 5.00 habitat stamp to all hunting and fishing licenses except youth. The habitat stamp will create more money than the 350 tags, and it will more than double the HPC fund for conservation.

But that's too sensible and someone doesn't get a party and payday.

Kent

OK I've been away a while during the hunting seasons and all, but the corrupt AZSFW & HB2072 were on my mind the whole time. The fiasco was just too much to forget. Today I go through this forum's posts back to March and see just one related post, on game commissioner candidates, to which nobody replied. Don't mean to fire things up, but there's no question AZSFW was formed for one reason and one reason only..........to be the only sportsman's group that meets the specific qualifications to steal the tags. It's not a question IF they will be back, just WHEN & HOW.

It's kind of scarey because the lack of awareness between incidents is similar to what happens in the heart of tag rape central......Utah. Zero posts on MM during periods of low pofile politicing. Then all heck breaks loose when SFW gets caught in another scandal. The same pattern has been going on for 10 years in Utah as they slowly infect the political pyramid like a cancer. The way they swept into AZ in the cover of night trying to ram their tag bill through without time for opposition was an omen of things to come.

I hope some AZ organization is watching what AZSFW has up their sleeve next. Does anyone know anything? I don't like the silence.

A lot has changed since you turned your head Zim. If you educate yourself I believe you will be pleased with the recent changes (over the last year) by AZSFW.

Can you let us know what positive changes they have made?

A lot has changed since you turned your head Zim. If you educate yourself I believe you will be pleased with the recent changes (over the last year) by AZSFW.

OK well I searched the archives on this forum and came up with absolutely nothing. The last related post I could find was dated April 3rd.

Then I went to the AZSFW website and found the same old outdated stale information. See for yourself:

http://arizonasportsmenforwildlifeconservation.org/contact.html

They are doing pretty well concealing these recent changes. Maybe you can educate me.

OK I've been away a while during the hunting seasons and all, but the corrupt AZSFW & HB2072 were on my mind the whole time. The fiasco was just too much to forget. Today I go through this forum's posts back to March and see just one related post, on game commissioner candidates, to which nobody replied. Don't mean to fire things up, but there's no question AZSFW was formed for one reason and one reason only..........to be the only sportsman's group that meets the specific qualifications to steal the tags. It's not a question IF they will be back, just WHEN & HOW.

It's kind of scarey because the lack of awareness between incidents is similar to what happens in the heart of tag rape central......Utah. Zero posts on MM during periods of low pofile politicing. Then all heck breaks loose when SFW gets caught in another scandal. The same pattern has been going on for 10 years in Utah as they slowly infect the political pyramid like a cancer. The way they swept into AZ in the cover of night trying to ram their tag bill through without time for opposition was an omen of things to come.

I hope some AZ organization is watching what AZSFW has up their sleeve next. Does anyone know anything? I don't like the silence.

AZSFW is dead and gone. The money man behind it pulled his funding because of what we did to HB2072, Suzanne Gilstrap folded her tent and moved to Oklahoma. AZSFC on the other hand is still active with lots of changes in leadership although PBJ is still there, They are doing good things.

Thank you! That sounds like a very good status report. Makes the time I invested exposing Weiers feel well worth it.