Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alan

Guest Alan

I've been checking out this website for some time now and finally decided to join as a member. The number one reason for joining is that everyone here seems to be together as a family and the posts are always sincere and helpful. I've been in other hunting forums that get pretty nasty at times. Thanks for such a great site.

I have just moved to Tucson after serving 20 years in the military and love the area. From 1996 - 2000 I lived in Flagstaff hiking, biking and hunting that great area of the state. Hunted coues deer one time on Fort Huachuca and plan to put in for a tag there again. Also spent 8 years in Colorado Springs and hunted the western slope near Montrose. After enjoying 3 months of terminal leave I have to get back to work. Looks like I'll be spending my days a Davis Monthan in the woodworking shop.

Where is everyone from and what do you all do?

Alan

You are in a good area for coues. The fort down there in seira vista is a good spot to locate nice coues bucks. I grew up in St. David AZ it is about 45 minutes from there. I have hunted the wet stone mountains all my life and all the rest of those units down there. I have chased some good deer And mountain lions around in all of them. We used to go to a rodeo on the base every year and I saw some nice bucks while I was on there.

I am stuck in the big city of Mesa now. I hope you enjoy the site and get some good info from it, And pass on the good info you will have for all of us too. Talk to ya down the line and welcome to the site.

Welcome Alan!

Glad you joined up. And I understand what you mean about some forums getting nasty. I don't want any of that here and I rely on all you guys for help keeping that negative stuff down. If you see a problem post, you can report it to me by just clicking the report this post button. I will delete any post that I feel is a personal attack on someone. Debate and disagreement is fine, but no personal attacks or nasty language.

Anyway, in answer to your question. I live in Globe, AZ and am a wildlife biologist. I currently have my own consulting business in which I do wildlife surveys for whatever agency needs the help (US Forest Service, San Carlos Reservation, AZGFD, etc.). I also do this web site which takes a ton of time. And I do web site design for other groups.

Amanda

Guest Ernesto C

Alan welcome to the coolest web site. You are rigthwe are a family here here you'll find people helping people.

Yes I know what you mean about other hunting sites that's why I'm a member of this site only. I don't like those personal attacks,sexual pictures or comments or racial statements made on some other "hunting sites". What are they teaching to the kids that just start hunting?

Amanda did and is doing an excellent job on this site and I'm glad that all my fellow members are keeping it that way;enjoyable,fun,exciting and above all respectfull.

Thanks for joining Alan have fun God bless you and enjoy.

Ernesto c.

Alan this is an awsom web site and Im sure you are going to enjoy it. Everybody here seems to love to hunt, and they all have a special love for the coues deer.

I am from Pinetop Az and work for Pinetop Water, as a system operator.

Welcome Allen,

I like your discernment. I quit looking at the other forums. I gotta get really bored to go there and haven't done that in a while. But I like checking in on this one daily - might miss something!

I live in Flagstaff. I love the mountains all around Tonto Basin, and usually hunt the Gallueros on a second choice. I'm always lookin for the whitetail pockets around home too - for antlers and fun.

Mike

Alan,

Welcome to the site. I'm a newbie to here as well. I live in Tucson (born and raised here). I spent some time in Flagstaff as well while I was attending NAU. That's where I really got into hunting so I'm learning spots down here. I have spent the last 4 seasons in Galiuros and before that hunted a lot in the Chiracuhuas (I can never remember how to spell it). That was before I knew what I was doing (I'm not sure I know what I'm doing yet ;) ).

Hopefully this site will help you out in your future pursuits of coues. They can be addicting, I know I have caught the bug.

Dodger/Matt

:D Welcome :D We all have good fun here at this great web site. We are glad to have you. The more heads in this the more we can get more enjoyment out of it all.

GOOD LUCK

;)

Welcome Alan. I like your name but you spell it wrong..........LOL...........I live in Mesa, AZ and have a air filter company that provides filters for every type of application like house filters all the way up to clean room or hospital surgery room filters...............welcome to this great site.........Allen Taylor.....

Nice to have you join up Alan! We do all get along here and are all passionate about our Coues deer. There are some very knowledgable people here, I know I rarely go a week that I don't learn something by reading over the posts. I've made some great friends here also. Glad to have you along. Oh, I live in Morenci in Eastern Arizona and work for the copper mine here.

Scott

Glad you're joining in, Alan. I too am living in Flagstaff and teaching at Sinagua High School. I moved back to AZ from south Texas in 1990. Since then, G&F has sent me about 11 coues tags, for units 29, 36c, and 6a. Sure are fun to hunt.

Doug/RedRabbit

I'm much like Allen, I was born and raised here in Tucson, and still live here. Graduated from NAU up in Flagstaff and I am a shop teacher at a local high school. I like to hunt 36B the most since it it is such a diverse unit and have taken several deer out of there. The illegals have had an impact on this area and I am considering other units. Now Raul wants to make it wilderness and close of my access road to my favorite area.//

Edited by Diamondbackaz

Well my hometown is Safford AZ, but now I am in Phoenix. Ive hunted coues since I was 14 and could buy myself an archery tag. I hunt just about all of the southern units.

Anyways, just wanted to say Welcome, you have joined the best hunting site on the web, and you should have a lot of fun, meet great people, and learn a bunch here.

GMM

Alan,

Welcome to CW. I live in Globe, Az. and work at the Phelps Dodge Smelter running assays with XRF (x-ray.) I have hunted Coues since I was 12. This is an awesome site, hope you enjoy it.

Travis

Welcome Alan

I am a new member also Alan but I feel like a really old guy. I live in Imperial Ca. and have hunted coues for quite a while. The mountains just seem to kick my butt a little more each year,but, that`s life. I really learn a lot from some of these young guys. I really enjoy watching this site, Amanda has done a great job with it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Coues Addict

Edited by coues addict